• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Histerically Funny Shots

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
I'll tell two on myself...

One afternoon we were playing a very old 9 hole course with huge oaks all around. As we're approaching the 9th green, my ball is sitting maybe 20 yards behind one of these huge old oaks. I have to pass the old tree as closely as possible to get to the green. What I never saw was a 3 foot tall sapling between me and the big oak. I nailed the sapling dead center which sent the ball back at me like fired from a slingshot. I never saw it, but heard it whistle past my ear. My buddy was rolling on the ground laughing.

A couple of years later, we (same partner) and I were playing a goat track because it was cheap. On the 12th hole, I hit one off into a ditch on the right side of the fairway. It wasn't marked as a hazard and the ball was sitting on a nice patch of sand in the ditch. I'm thinking I'll just play it like a sand wedge. The sand wasn't nearly as deep as I thought causing me to blade the toward the green. About the time I swing, my partner starts crossing the green toward his ball. the ball went screaming by his head, got caught in the flag, and dropped straight down for an easy birdie. This time it was my turn to roll around laughing.

Ok, a 3rd...

My brother and I were playing a hole that backed up to some old houses. One of the houses had the backyard fenced with that old farm fencing (with the big squares). Two Chihuahuas came through the fence and started trying to attack us. One of us would have to fend off the two rat-dogs with a club while the other took a swing. We didn't dare hit one of them, because their big brother (a big-@$$) Rottweiler was staring at us across the fence too. If we'd hit one of them, I'm sure he would have come over the fence. It would have made a good video.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I have a couple:

1. My grandfather on my 17th birthday outing steps up to the tee on the 16th hole and proceeds to drill his drive right into one of the old school metal ball washers on the course. It ended up netting him about 2 yds of forward movement. My dad proceeds to say, "It's OK Pap it wasn'y your turn to hit anyways."

2. I was playing with a friend from my HS team and his dad, we came to a par 4 with a road running along the right hand side. The dad proceeds to hit a wicked slice that I swear to god bounces off of the side of a big rig trailer and right into the middle of the fairway. It took the pro in the shop about 45 min to decide on a ruling for that shot.

3. Playing in a match for my HS team I am walking along the second green to get to my ball. My teamate who is to the right of the green in a swail of about 10 ft in height skulls his shot. It careens just over the edge of the green and flys directly into my groin and proceeds to drop about two inches from the hole. Now according to the rules this would incur him a penalty, however, the coach of the other team said, "I know for a fact that no man would ever take a ball to the nuts for his team! No penalty." True story.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
3. Playing in a match for my HS team I am walking along the second green to get to my ball. My teamate who is to the right of the green in a swail of about 10 ft in height skulls his shot. It careens just over the edge of the green and flys directly into my groin and proceeds to drop about two inches from the hole. Now according to the rules this would incur him a penalty, however, the coach of the other team said, "I know for a fact that no man would ever take a ball to the nuts for his team! No penalty." True story.

OMG, that's friggin hilarious :biglol:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I have a couple:

2. I was playing with a friend from my HS team and his dad, we came to a par 4 with a road running along the right hand side. The dad proceeds to hit a wicked slice that I swear to god bounces off of the side of a big rig trailer and right into the middle of the fairway. It took the pro in the shop about 45 min to decide on a ruling for that shot.

Why would you need a ruling on this? The ball wound up in the fairway.

🔥 Latest posts