• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Hit a house"

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
It amazes me that people who live on golf courses get mad when someone hits their house with a golf ball. WTF do they expect?

2 or 3 years ago I skulled a full 60* from the fairway (trying to attack a tucked pin) and lazered it into the side of a house. It actually hit a gutter and it was loud as hell. Dude comes storming out of his house in boxers and unlaced work boots, yelling obscenities. My buddy yells back, "You live on a golf course moron!", then the guy threw my ball back at us and went back inside. Talk about a tool, lol.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
It amazes me that people who live on golf courses get mad when someone hits their house with a golf ball. WTF do they expect?

2 or 3 years ago I skulled a full 60* from the fairway (trying to attack a tucked pin) and lazered it into the side of a house. It actually hit a gutter and it was loud as hell. Dude comes storming out of his house in boxers and unlaced work boots, yelling obscenities. My buddy yells back, "You live on a golf course moron!", then the guy threw my ball back at us and went back inside. Talk about a tool, lol.

at least he gave you your ball back!! :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I pulled a drive at my hometown course, and i got a hold of it good too. slammed into the house just to the left of the fairway. Good thing it was a brick house because Im pretty sure it would have went through the wall otherwise.

I got the ball and it compressed so much against the house the entire half of the ball was messed up from the brick. Guy comes out, i offer an apology, he says hey i live on a golf course, it happens .

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
We were playing in a new development one sunny day, and I hooked my drive right towards the site of a new house being built. It dropped right into the middle of the basement pad that was being poured. I teed up another ball right after I saw 3 laborers throw their arms up signaling "touchdown!". :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.