• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hitting a draw, with the driver now.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I haven't been posting much lately, PC problems. I'm posting this from my phone. Plus golf had gotten to the point it wasn't much fun. I was stuck in the high 80's - low 90's. Add to that the oppressive heat we've had all summer here in the deep south and I just haven't had much to talk about.

But..............., that's changed. The temps have come down thank goodness. And my over active power fade is gone. Thank you Michael Breed, I watched his show a couple weeks ago where he gave 4 steps to cure a slice. My oldest son had a killer slice, so bad he wouldn't even play. After a trip to the range and 3 buckets, he was hitting a baby draw. Awesome huh? Well..........., I didnt play for a few days after that, and when i did, omg, nothing but dick hooks, omg!!!!!

Well, a few grip tweaks and several rounds to figure out my new aiming points, and wow, golf is fun again.

I'm shooting mid 80's now but still figuring this new shot shape out. But I'm enjoying playing again and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It may be another train, who knows? Bit I don't care right now :)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
A nice draw is a beautiful thing. Welcome to the draw club. ;)

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I <3 dick hooks.

Glad you're having fun, MDW.

Lol, gotta love predictive text huh?

This is a whole new experience, I'm discovering parts of the golf course I didn't even know existed. Before I knew I wasn't going left unless I pulled the $hit out of a tee shot, now I can pretty much eliminate the right side.

Played 9 holes yesterday and shot 43, didn't lose a ball, and took one unplayable lie. That was with a three jack and a violent lip out and 2 left hanging on the edge of the cup. So.........., breaking 40 and 80 doesn't seem like the impossible dream.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congrats on the new found shot shape!!

I can hook, i can't slice anymore...well, i probably could but it would most likely hurt.

I either drive them straight, or draw, or hook. Amazing to me, since when i first started i had a helluva time with slicing them off the planet. They would go 50 yards forward and 200+ right.

Now, i don't even mess with the right side unless i leave the face open and block it.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
The Golf Fix has helped me out recently too. At first I didn't like the show very much because Michael Breed got on my nerves. This season he doesn't seem as coked out. Anyway, I was starting my back-swing with a lot of wrist penis and was having accuracy problems. Now I'm not breaking my wrist until the top of my back-swing...kind of a one piece take away, with my shoulders and arms turning together. It has given me a wider swing arc and it has got me back in sync. I am driving the ball a lot better. I have a tournament in 3 days and I finally feel confident with my longer clubs. As long as I can keep the ball in play, I should do well. Now I DVR The Golf Fix.

Jaywun

Feb 23, 2010
I had to read the original post 3 times before I new what was said. That Avatar is killing me!

letstalk

Oct 26, 2010
I haven't been posting much lately, PC problems. I'm posting this from my phone. Plus golf had gotten to the point it wasn't much fun. I was stuck in the high 80's - low 90's. Add to that the oppressive heat we've had all summer here in the deep south and I just haven't had much to talk about.

But..............., that's changed. The temps have come down thank goodness. And my over active power fade is gone. Thank you Michael Breed, I watched his show a couple weeks ago where he gave 4 steps to cure a slice. My oldest son had a killer slice, so bad he wouldn't even play. After a trip to the range and 3 buckets, he was hitting a baby draw. Awesome huh? Well..........., I didnt play for a few days after that, and when i did, omg, nothing but dick hooks, omg!!!!!

Well, a few grip tweaks and several rounds to figure out my new aiming points, and wow, golf is fun again.

I'm shooting mid 80's now but still figuring this new shot shape out. But I'm enjoying playing again and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It may be another train, who knows? Bit I don't care right now :)
good for you,dont you feel much better know that your golf game is much better

🔥 Latest posts