• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hitting the ball farther next Spring

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
If it keeps snowing here in Cheeseland I'm going to have shoveling muscles like steel bands. As I throw each shovel full up and over the ever rising banks on the side of my driveway, I have been working on a full shoulder turn and a high finish.

This has to result in increased distance off the tee after the thaw.

Kevin

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
We have had an incredible amount of snow, and it's just the beginning of the season. 5" today, 5" tomorrow, 5" on Friday, when will it end????

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
We have had an incredible amount of snow, and it's just the beginning of the season. 5" today, 5" tomorrow, 5" on Friday, when will it end????

Just wait until you get up to Houghton. My niece and her husband are Michigan Tech grads. They got in yesterday from New York and were laughing at us today while we were complaining.

The snow we've had is like flurries in Houghton.

Kevin

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Not to rain on your guys parade or anything, but I had to put on a shirt to get the mail today.:)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Kevin, not sure who it was but a weatherman here in Madison actially predictedthis week we would only end up with 49" total for the season. Obviously he is a complete tool since it's only the 3rd actually day of winter & so far here we have had 40"+.

I am already real damn sick & tired of snowblowing. I try to make the best of winter by skiing & I enjoy it, but if it were to warm up & never fall below 60º again, I wouldn't miss skiing 1 bit.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
If it keeps snowing here in Cheeseland I'm going to have shoveling muscles like steel bands. As I throw each shovel full up and over the ever rising banks on the side of my driveway, I have been working on a full shoulder turn and a high finish.

Kevin

That's only going to work if you tee off with a snow shovel. :D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Distance isn't everything. I'm working more on my course management this winter. Letting the equipment do it's job. Throwing the snow a heck of alot further than you and exerting about 1% of the energy. Sometimes it is the Arrow. :D
6586d1202566608-getting-fatigued-tired-range-course-img_2349_resize.jpg

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005

Kevin

Or maybe a heart attack...lol...

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I'm sure you guys in WI are used to the Snow, but here in Portland, Oregon were not. I think we have around 16-18" on the ground, and more coming today and tomorrow. I have some 48" snow drifts in my back yard due to the high winds we got earlier this week.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Ok, I am officially sick & fricken tired of snowblowing!!! I don't mind winter at all, but this crap of snowing everday is getting tiresome. I am running out of room to put the snow & the damn plow drivers don't get within 4' of the curb, so I need to snowblow half the damn street in front of mailbox otherwise the post office won't deliver.

Got home from skiing & had to spend over an hr with the snowblower, then had to get my 24' extension ladder out along with my 12' tree trimmer. Climb the ladder & then use the trimmer to knock the snow off the satellite dish. I completely lose the internet signal if the dish has more than 1/4" of snow on it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.