• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ho do I putt like Tom Watson?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
He steam rollers more 40ft+ putts then anybody I've ever seen. I'm so gutted I didn't have a few quid on him each way on Wednesday I fancied him for a top 7 finish and at 500/1 I would have been the biggest Tom Watson fan ever right now!

I'm gonna pay attention to his putting setup and stroke when I watch todays highlights later.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It's the beauty of golf. Anybody that played or plays at a high level like that can compete given the right circumstances. I was listening to the radio last night, ESPN- PTI actually, and they were saying that if Watson wins it would be the best and worst thing for golf right now. Their argument for it being the worst was that it would dispell the notion that golf is a sport if a near 60 year old man can win one of the biggest tourneys of the year.

Sorry to threadjack but I will be honest and say that I am pulling HARD for TW right now- funny how we all thought it would be a different TW contending this weekend...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
He obviously knows those greens and is just a superb putter. Marino gave him the line a few times and when you're that good and have seen the putt...

I think it's great for the game. It will help draw more middle-aged guys to play more and generate more income everywhere in the golf business. Personally, I love it. If I stay healthy and in shape there is no reason I couldn't be playing the best golf of my life 25yrs. from now.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I hope Watson wins very badly... my money however is on Westwood, he looks awesome

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I hope Watson wins very badly... my money however is on Westwood, he looks awesome

Yeah, looking at the leaderboard I would put money on Goosen or Westwood. I would say Furyk but every time I pull for him he poops and dies. Still very much want to see Watson win though.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Dunno how to putt like that, but if someone figures it out. Let us know.

I dont like westwood, I dont like the way he stands over the ball for 5 seconds before hitting it. What is he thinking about while he's standing there?. Just not something I like to watch.

I'm really going for Watson; He's played the smartest golf out there, and he deserves it. It also shows people that a 60year old can play as good or better golf then a 20year old. I like the thought of still being able to hit the ball far when I'm 60.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Had £2 each way on him at 67-1. My putting was awful today but I'm still happy from my win, even if it was annoying not to get my £130+ for Tom winning.

🔥 Latest posts