• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ho-ing knows no bounds

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Well, I have been banging the shit out of the Nike Dymo driver to the point I cant help but think they (Nike) may be on to something. So I ho-ed these just to see. Besides if Cink and Glover can win majors with them I should sure as hell be able to win a skin or two on mens night with them.

click on the link and then on ENGLISH (stupid french language laws) if prompted
Golf Town

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Nice pick up Lyle, lets hope they work as well for you and the Dymo has.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Hey Lyle,

I thought you liked building shit; not buying it.:laugh:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
These are really sharp looking irons (IMHO) but for some reason they never really caught on. Hell, no Nike irons have really caught on to this point. I had a set of the Pro Combo Tours a couple of years ago and they felt awesome; I just didn't have enough game for them. If I ever saw a set of the Pro Combo OS in good condition for cheap though...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
These are really sharp looking irons (IMHO) but for some reason they never really caught on. Hell, no Nike irons have really caught on to this point. I had a set of the Pro Combo Tours a couple of years ago and they felt awesome; I just didn't have enough game for them. If I ever saw a set of the Pro Combo OS in good condition for cheap though...

I had a set of the first Pro Combos they released, back in 2003 I think it was. It was my first set of forged irons and they felt great. I wish I had know more about clubs back then, they had the speed step stock Nike shaft in them and I think had they been shafted with DG's or Rifles they would have been so much better.

I haven't liked the look of a single Nike club since the Ignite driver series. Their irons haven't done much for me either. The Victory Red series looks pretty decent, but if you noticed Tiger went back to his older Nike forged blades, I don't know what that says but...

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
One of my friends is still playing the CCI Forged and loves them. I think that they have a very solid feel and look at address, love the satin finish on them too.

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
I have been playing the pro combo os for 3 years, I put dg x-100's I. Them and love them. I want to get a new set next year but haven't found a set yet that I can hit as well, I used to have a Nike sumo driver and hated it. It was at the beginning of last year and the stock shaft was horrible, may have been better with a different shaft but never tried one.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
The Victory Red series looks pretty decent, but if you noticed Tiger went back to his older Nike forged blades, I don't know what that says but...

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. If Tiger decided HE couldn't hit them well enough, why would I ever be expecting to even hit them straight? I really like the look in them, but Nike iron have always make me wonder, and I think I will walk away from them, just like TIger did (hey! its two of us already! :D)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. If Tiger decided HE couldn't hit them well enough, why would I ever be expecting to even hit them straight? I really like the look in them, but Nike iron have always make me wonder, and I think I will walk away from them, just like TIger did (hey! its two of us already! :D)

I liked the VR Blades, but they definitely launched rather high for a blade, perhaps the width of the muscle back on the lower section wasn't quite right, but the Adams Blades have brought my ball flight back to where I am comfortable.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

I really like the look of the Nike forged blades and even to this day if you find them used on ebay or elsewhere they are still pretty expensive. They have a traditional look and lofts but I don't find them or any other Nike iron desireable enough to give up my Hogans. Anyway my Hogans will be collectors items in a few years anyway since they have gone the way of the DoDo bird.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
swop the shafts a few times, replace grips, piss about with lead tape, do all that again, a few times, go back to your old irons, then sell me the heads

ta

🔥 Latest posts