• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ho Question

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Ho'n Stow - Here's the closet in my office & the corner. To be honest, the bag with the launcher is one kid's, the bag with the Redline belongs to another, but I ho'd em all up. I guess I'm sort of a stealth ho.

This doesn't count the putters, they're not ho'ing, they're collecting. :)
closet.jpg
corner.jpg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I did the count. 116 clubs (including my game bag). Still holding onto my amateur status...:laugh:

116 clubs is a good amount. You may have me. I will have to do a count when the wife is not around this week. I have no idea how many clubs I have and am quite sure SWMBO does not need to know the final tally either. :D

Of course, I have one more on the way. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
116 clubs is a good amount. You may have me. I will have to do a count when the wife is not around this week. I have no idea how many clubs I have and am quite sure SWMBO does not need to know the final tally either. :D

Of course, I have one more on the way. :laugh:
Of course...;)

That number scares me. If could average just $20 per club I could pay for a pretty sweet golf vacation...I gotta get those things up for sale.

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
That number scares me. If could average just $20 per club I could pay for a pretty sweet golf vacation...I gotta get those things up for sale.

You know you'd buy more clubs instead of going on vacation. Then you'll just be a plain ol Ho instead of a Ho'N Stow.:laugh:

Armygolf

Sep 7, 2007
That is still Ho'ing. Its just a different faction called Ho'n'stow. :D I believe Eracer and I are some of the more prolific Ho'n'stows on ST. NSherman would have us beat, combined, if he was still active. :D

Being gifted a club is not technically a Ho. You found someone else to do the dirty work for you. Its probably closer to being a pimp.:laugh:

Thanks for the definition. I'm a bit new to the ho'ing scene, but I fall into the Ho'n'stow. At least for now.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Club Count = 94. Definitely a Ho 'n Stow. :laugh:

I had to count them anyway as my winter project is to build a golf gear/club storage rack on casters for my basement shop. If I'm gonna Ho 'n Stow gear I really need a place to stow it. :D

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Whoa! A lot of stealth Ho'n stowers showing up now.:laugh: I may no longer even be in the running for one of the top 2. :D

Anybody else hiding in the woodwork?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'd be well over 100 except I gave an entire set to my best friend this past spring to get him started in the game. I also have some clubs stowed at my mom's place in Michigan too. Probably about two set's worth if I remember correctly. :laugh:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Just Ho'd Rock's MacGregor M455's with stiff shafts, seems like at the range I am hitting the couple clubs I have with stiff shafts better than a regular shaft so I figured, why not?

Hmm, go from having no clubs at all this time last year & now I have 4 complete sets of irons including the set I bought for my wife, as well as quite a few woods, drivers, wedges, etc that I have picked up.

Just went & added them up, 63 clubs at the present time. Small time compared to a lot of you Ho's but considering I didn't start until last April that's not bad.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.