• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hockey is coming back....

OP
Massimo

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
He's a thug.. Vancouver Canucks.... Blindslided Steve Moore from the Colorado Avalanche and broke his neck with a jab in the back of the neck.....

Great Player, but made a very big mistake.....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oh, THAT Todd Bertuzzi. :)

(I was being sarcastic Mass. I'm a huge Edmonton Oilers fan, and I've played the game since I was 3. No worries tho! :p )

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
People here (I live in Vancouver, for those that don't know) always get mad when I say "broke his neck"...they always "cracked some vertebrae" or something. WTF ever...dude can't play.

I was at the other infamous Canucks game sitting about five rows back from the glass...guess what happened right in front of me? McSorley -> Brashear. Oh, what a night.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Both stupid, bonehead plays.

Being a player myself, I can honestly say that the McSorely/Brashear thing was more stupid. I'm glad Marty got a year for that, it more a stupid play than the Bertuzzi thing was. Who swings their stick at a player's head - for any reason - even if the resulting concussion was a result of hitting the ice. Just plain stupidity by a guy that shouldn't even be in the league (which I think the new rules will make it more difficult for teams to have "tough guys" on their team instead of skilled and tough guys, which is great in my opinion).

The underlying problem was that Moore low bridged Naslund, the star of the Canucks earlier in the game. It was inevitable that he was either going to get smoked into the boards or into a huge fight with someone on the Nucks.

Bertuzzi should have just dropped the gloves and kicked the shit out of Moore. There would have been nothing more after that. The fact that he jumped him from behind and fell on him was almost laughable - who does that?

I agree with the reinstatement of Bertuzzi. I'm not happy that Steve Moore is injured. But, if they both dropped the gloves and Bertuzzi punched Moore in the eye and he couldn't play, would we be having this same issue brought up time and time again? I doubt it.

Bertuzzi's back. Moore is injured. End of story. There's no sense worrying about something that is completely out of anyone's hands but a very few.

(S, this isn't directed at you, just saying it out loud.....just FYI...) :)

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I know, I just hate Bert.

And to clarify, Moore nailed Naslund a few games earlier (I think this game was the second SINCE the hit). Also, Naslund himself said that it was a fair check (on him) and it was no big deal. But yes, you hit someone like that, you'll get hit back, although Naz is no softy like Gretzky or anything.

And after watching the stupid game with the Bruins, I can say in all confidence that I don't think McS was aiming at Brashear's head. They were at each other all game and the game was a total write off from the beginning. I believe Marty when he says he was swinging at Brash's shoulder to get his attention for one last duke out.

Also, if that stupid moron would do up his bloody helmet in the first place (it fell off his head at LEAST 10 times that game), he wouldn't have been injured at all. What a thug.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I agree with everything you just said.

I personally think that the tough guys in the NHL are done. If the new rules are adhered to, they'll have no point being there. This attempt at opening up the game will make it as close to international, or more accurately, Olympic style hockey, which everyone loves to watch that is a true fan of the game. It's fast, wide open and usually more evenly matched.

You can't go wrong with that.

But tough guys will serve no purpose anymore. It's tough to fight a guy when he's busy sending a speedster in on a breakaway.

I personally think that's great.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I think hockey is the only sport where you can have a legitmate arguement about when and how it is ok to beat the shit out of people.

I really have to get to a game this year. :p

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Get beat up too many times, Rock? ;)

And Dave...try Lacrosse. Holy effin violent.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nah, just like the game of hockey without the "americanized garbage" that's attached to it. No offense to our american friends....

My whole family plays/played lacrosse. My brother coached the SK junior team for both field and box....

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Hockey... snicker... Hockey... SNIcker...

I would openly laugh at this "sport" if the US didn't have NASCAR to make us look stupid.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
American's only laugh at hockey because they suck at it.

But you have no excuse for NASCAR.

Shame on you, BD. Shame on you and your mullet.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
American's only laugh at hockey because they suck at it.

But you have no excuse for NASCAR.

Shame on you, BD. Shame on you and your mullet.

R35

In a way NASCAR and hockey are alike. People go to hockey games to watch the fights and people watch NASCAR to see the crashes.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
People who don't appreciate the game watch hockey for the fights.

Hockey's a very exciting game (if played well) as a spectator, compared to most other major sports. Look at football...wooo wee...let's take a five minute break every 30 seconds! Soccer...oh look 3 goals!....this season! (I love soccer, but not so great as a spectator) Baseball. Okay, let's talk sports, so we'll forget baseball...

I would assume if you were a racer, even Nascar might not suck so bad.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Silver said:
I would assume if you were a racer, even Nascar might not suck so bad.

Or if you drink Budweiser and like chicks with their teeth punched out.

Either/or. :biglol:

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.