• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HO'd me some new stuff...

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
OK so I'm not renowned for being a ho yet - one of my fourball has had 3 sets of irons in 6 months, and is going for another. However, I've had a couple of moments of weakness...

1. Due to having some big 36's coming up, and having a dire time with my back right now, I've gone and ho'd a Hill Billy electric trolley. I vowed never to buy one of these, but I borrowed my pro's at the weekend and the difference was immense.

2. Just because I only have a Titleist stand bag, I decided to go for a new TaylorMade TMX2 cart bag to go on my new cart. Should be here tomorrow, which I'm really impressed about.

3. Ho'd a lovely used Titleist 56* SM wedge from fleaBay the other day. £16 which was a steal and when it came, I gave it a good clean and cleaned the grooves out. Plays so good it's kicked my very worn Cally wedge out the bag.

4. Got me a beautiful TM RAC TP 52* wedge from Stanters on here, and that's a real gamer right now. Just fills the gap I had between my wedge and my 56, which is about a 30 yard gap!

So looks like I'm getting there....! Oh and I got my driver re-gripped today to a Lambkin Crossline, which cost me all of £5, but it's still more money!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
3. Ho'd a lovely used Titleist 56* SM wedge from fleaBay the other day. £16 which was a steal and when it came, I gave it a good clean and cleaned the grooves out. Plays so good it's kicked my very worn Cally wedge out the bag.

Great score right there dude! It's a nice wedge. What bounce?

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
It's a 56*, 10* bounce. Plays like a dream, and it comes out of sand so well I cant believe it!

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Glad you like the TM wedge.

For every shot you knock stiff with it, it's an extra £5 - did you read the smallprint?

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Glad you like the TM wedge.

For every shot you knock stiff with it, it's an extra £5 - did you read the smallprint?

You know what, I keep missing small print. My trolley won't get here till July, so the pro has promised to lend me his when I need. So, I return it the other day, and he tells me the small print was £7 per round :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
That wedge (mine is exactly the same) is so much better then anything else out there it's insane. I actually look forward to a bunker shot now!! :D

OP
acarty

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
That wedge (mine is exactly the same) is so much better then anything else out there it's insane. I actually look forward to a bunker shot now!! :D

OK so our bunkers are crap. I play on a coastal links course, very flat, where the wind blows what little sand there is out of the bunkers. Couldn't get out to save my life, especially when I've got more than about 10 foot to the pin, but now I can take on long shots with ease and confidence. I guess part of it is due to my confidence, but some of it isn't.

And my bag just arrived. Most beautiful thing I think I've seen in a long time, short of getting one of the Masters season opener bags or something! Pics to follow....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.