• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ho'ed OUT

Calhoun

Jul 30, 2007
I have been busy as of late. None of this was planned it sort of just happened. Here is a list of everything I have bought in the last two weeks.

1. Von's Golf 398 putter head weighing in at 371g
2. A True Temper 200g putter shaft for the Von head. I bought this as an experiment. I wanted to try a heavier putter and when I had make the decision on a putter shaft I bought this one because I feared that the head would be to heavy on a reg putter shaft causing me to get wristy. I put it together yesterday and will put a grip on it tonight. Also I have been using a 33" putter so I wanted to try something different so I cut this one to 35". This thing weighs in shafted at 548g the grip weighs 66g I will be over 600g when it is all said and done. I hope this won't be too heavy!
3. Grafalloy Bi-matrix Fairway shaft. I have been wanting to try this shaft out for some time and Lyle posted a link to one on sale so I snatched it up. I going to put this in the Sonartec to test it out.
Seemore Black FGP 34" putter. I threw a lowball bid on this the other night because I have been wanting to try one out. IT just showed up, nice putter I am about to go try it out this evening.
Last but not least
5. FT-5 9.5° with a accuflex creation 65 stiff. This should be here by the end of the week. Guess who I got it from????

This is it. I'm not buying anything else this year. or at least until summer is over.

What have ya'll been hoing???

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
None of this was planned it sort of just happened.

That's what they all say. :D

I finally got a driver that works for me. FT-i baby. I am done ho'ing drivers!!!

LOL, I guess we say that alot too huh.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I have been selling, dropped the mp-30's, TM 425, two cleveland wedges, a titty wedge and titty 16.5 fw. Turned that into a Nak 380cc driver and a mother's day gift for the wife. Which could have been a hoeing sin.....turning good golf money into mother's day gift money but I am looking for a 5w to replace my beater so that will make up for my sin.....:emot-ange

Jason

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
so you bought rocks ft5...lol...nice pick ups by the way..i have the bimatrix in my ping g5 3w and love it..before that it was in my r7 driver...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Interesting putter. Got any pics of it?

I'm ho'd out myself. No desire whatsoever to buy anything new. It only took a few thousand dollars worth of hoing and re-hoing but I've got a bag I'm content with. I just lost interest after the XL tour/whiteboard and the FTi/Creation. After pulling a 4yr. old driver off the used rack and killing all the new stuff, the indian/arrow deal was undeniable.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lets see, other than the stuff I've already posted pictures of, I bought a Master Grip putter for $29.99 through a mail offer I received. It was to cheap to pass up, it's a good putter, but like Ezra said, it's the old Arrow/Indian syndrome, I still can't putt.

Rory is building me a Renegade 10 degree with a Harrison Mugen Stiff shaft, hey, I had to do something with my gift certificate I won on here, :emot-ange

I bought a 1 & 2 iron just for $hits and giggles to hit off the tee when the driver isn't behaving. BTW, Lee Trevino was right about a 1 iron, even God couldn't hit this thing, geez!!!!!!!

I've built my son a Maltby KE4 3W and KE4 21 degree hybrid.

Other than those, I've just hoed some golfing hats and moisture wicking shirts to play in. I'm through hoeing till I learn how to hit what I've already got.

OP
Calhoun

Calhoun

Jul 30, 2007
I forgot that I bought an original TEE 9° driver with a comp NT. This thing is loooong. I bought this for the matrix but couldn't bring myself to pull the comp out of it. Next thing you know, along came Mr. FT-5 and i had to pull the trigger. I have been dying to get my hands on one.

I have sold some stuff also to help pay for some of these hoes.

1. Matrix Ozik xcon 6 stiff
2. SC Bullseye heavy flange 33"
3. VS proto driver shaft

Ez I will get pics of the putter up tomorrow.

I played with the seemore this afternoon and it surprised me. I might have to use it this weekend in my member/guest tourney.

OP
Calhoun

Calhoun

Jul 30, 2007
By the way Jason, we need to get together and play your track sometime soon.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Let me know if you want to get rid of the TEE/CompNT combo. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Which could have been a hoeing sin.....turning good golf money into mother's day gift money.....:emot-ange

Jason
Nah, you're just using solid long-term thinking. Keep SWMBO happy and future ho'ing will be easier. It's like a tithe - pay a weekly ransom and you get eternal salvation.

Mystery solved - Eracer should be happy.
He wasn't even on my radar, and frankly, the lack of clues took all the fun out of the game.

OP
Calhoun

Calhoun

Jul 30, 2007
Eracer, I will do a better job at dropping hints next time. lol

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Eracer, I will do a better job at dropping hints next time. lol
Thank you. I feel much better now..
icon10.gif

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
calhoun if you evr down on this side of the state let me know and ill pay for you a round of golf

OP
Calhoun

Calhoun

Jul 30, 2007
That's a big 10-4. How far are you from Columbia? or Santee? We need to meet up one Saturday with scgolfer and play a round.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.