• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hoffman Leads Hero, Tiger Within Striking Distance

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

CHARLEY HOFFMAN LEADS THE HERO World Challenge at the halfway point after a 63 on Friday that gave him a 12-under total and 3-shot lead over Jordan Spieth and first-round leader Tommy Fleetwood.

Tiger Woods is the story, though. His solid play that produced a 69 and 68 put him in contention at 7 under and in a fifth-place tie. Everyone is impressed by Tiger's form at this early juncture as he continues to play without back pain.

"I proved that the surgery was successful, the rehab has been fantastic," Woods told Golf Channel. "Now I have a chance to go out there and play competitive golf again.

"I'm just getting back so I have a long way to go. That is going to take time. A lot more practice, a lot more training and more tournaments."

Hoffman's second round included 12 birdies.

"I got the ball to the hole and the balls were going in, which was nice," he said. "On 17, I was able to make a bunker shot which capped off the day… If I keep making putts I am usually in contention on Sunday. So putter feels great, the game is in a pretty good spot."

Hoffman added, "It is pretty special to be out here and to see Tiger making birdies and eagles and hopefully in contention on Sunday."

Source: Hoffman Leads Hero, Tiger Within Striking Distance

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.