• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hogan Apex Edge Pro

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Anyone have any experience of these?

Having decided to go TLT after being pleased with the results on my other set of irons I am thinking of changing my gamers.

I like the 690s but am thinking of selling them and getting a set of the Hogans to be TLT'd. My back up set re Hogan Apex blades - good for practising with and that but a bit scary for me to play with all the time. I'm after a shallow cavity in the 690, mp60 mould and thought that the Edge Pros sounded ideal. Plus they are better value imo than Mizzy or Titty. I hit mp60s and at the risk of being put in the Shot Talk dungeon, wasn't that impressed.

So, if you know anything about them any news would be gratefully accepted. I think it's doubtful I'll be able to demo a set around my way, so anything at all would be great.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The 690CBs are excellent clubs, a bit clickier in feel to Hogan blades, but a great club, these will suit TLT fine

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
So Dave, you would suggest sticking with them rather than going for the Hogans?

I suppose it's sensible if they play virtually the same. It's just that the Redlines I have feel so lovely I was/am tempted to go Hogan all the way.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I'm saying they are great clubs, and you like them, and you hit them well, it seems a shame to change for the sake of it. I can't believe you would hit the Hogan's any better. The Redlines are marvellous clubs and really they are perfect for TLTing, but if they are to much for you they the 690s will be fine. Which begs the question they keep the Redlines? They won't be TLTed, so you will never be able to just swop and change between sets.

ps first dibs

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
The Redlines are TLT'd - and I have been trying them on the range so far and will get them on the course next week now the winter has finally gone. range results have been good - within reason, but the course is the proper test of how well I hit them.

The shorter irons are rapier like but until i've hit enough of the 3-6 I'll have to wait before making any decision. Sadly for you Dave I could never sell them.

If I ever do though you'l be the first to know.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I don't bother with the 3 iron, no need. I had my lofts strengthened (Hogan have quite a bit of bounce compared to a modern Mizuno for example) and thus my 4 iron is now 24 degrees, which is fine with a 19* hybrid between it and the 3 wood

If your Redlines are untouched, the 5 iron is at 30*, equivalent to modern 6 irons and Callaway wedges

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Anyone have any experience of these?

Having decided to go TLT after being pleased with the results on my other set of irons I am thinking of changing my gamers.

I like the 690s but am thinking of selling them and getting a set of the Hogans to be TLT'd. My back up set re Hogan Apex blades - good for practising with and that but a bit scary for me to play with all the time. I'm after a shallow cavity in the 690, mp60 mould and thought that the Edge Pros sounded ideal. Plus they are better value imo than Mizzy or Titty. I hit mp60s and at the risk of being put in the Shot Talk dungeon, wasn't that impressed.

So, if you know anything about them any news would be gratefully accepted. I think it's doubtful I'll be able to demo a set around my way, so anything at all would be great.

I actually just got rid of a set of Hogan Apex Edge Pro's that I playe for about 4 years. I loved them, they felt great and were great looking clubs. That being said they are nothing like Mp-60's or 690's. They are a much deeper cavity and more along the oversized cavity back. Much like, and I hate to say it, but callaways only with very little offset. Don't get me wrong though, they helped me take my game up a notch and now I have a sef of FTX's which I would say are more along the lines of the 60's or 690's and feel just as good and are just as good a value.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.