• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hogan's last stand

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I've put this on Youtube. Its Hogan hitting balls off his friends lawn, George Coleman. As far as I know its the last time Hogan was recorded hitting balls, from the mid seventies. He had stopped playing and his health was deteriorating, but stick with it, the quality is bad but then you will hit jackpot. Hogan does a slo-mo, but its so good you think its the camera but then you notice the waves.............................as someone has already said, that last few seconds of him demonstrating the golf swing in slo-mo is the holy-grail of golf mechanics. Imho:)

YouTube - Hogan's last stand

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
OMG. That first swing he did, at 0:24 into the video, was just incredible!!! The width of the swing was something I have been trying to emulate, with little success.

I guess once you've got it, you've got it.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
wow

This video is amazing. i just sent the link to everyone I know. Amazing that he was so flexible at that age, especially since he was sick.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Remember also he had even stopped practising. I have this vid on better quality on a disc somewhere, but they only way I could get it into Yout tube was to record it off screen. The better quality isn't much better, but I will try anyway. Its also longer than that, another couple of minutes I think.

Its vid that went online a few years ago and got pulled by the family, so the story goes, and I have never seen it online since.

He was like a little kid, he nailed the first one and the drug if hitting balls came flooding back, he just turned and demanded more balls, and tees, he just wanted to crunch more and more.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
OMG, thank you Dave, that is incredible. If only I could swing half that good, and I'm considerably younger now than he was then. That is the Holy Grail, thank you.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
"They still make 'em like they used to" and he sure as hell knew how to swing them. That slowmo part was cool, and interesting to see his hips and shoulders really open up before impact.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Great vid Dave. Hogan's swing is poetry in motion. :)

PS. I see you missed out on those Cobra, they went for £115 the pair!

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I know, but I am on a mission to only ho like for like what I have sold, nil cost!

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol

reshafting the SMT as fist step btw, gonna take Lyles advice and soften the shaft, a Tour Platform in X stiff. Seems strange, considering I have been hitting reg well, but this is a very soft x stiff, soft tip but stiff butt, with mid torque it should suit the head and my swing well. I've just spent the last 2 hours comparing specs. The specs for this shaft in x flex, are the same as the Vista pro in reg, just goes to show you should ignore the name and look at the details

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Back on topic

According to the replies I am now getting, I am only one of 8 people that have this, it was online for a couple of days and during his lifetime, and that of his wife, it got pulled of the net, and has not been seen since, until now. I may even get in trouble, but as its a tribute it can hardly harm anyone.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Had a pm to say its brothers lawn, I thought it was Colemans. Anyway, this isn't on the web, apart from here, enjoy.

🔥 Latest posts