• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ho'ing down the river...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
New addition to the bag.

White Hot 2-ball heel shafted putter. Mint shape. Thanks patlawman!

It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
New addition to the bag.

White Hot 2-ball heel shafted putter. Mint shape. Thanks patlawman!

It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

R35

I can't believe you carrying that gimmick around Rock, I figured you for a classic milled blade no insert... what's next a diamond face wedge? Maybe a laser yardage finder? :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Gimmick?

The Two Ball and I go way back....

I use one just about everytime I go into the shop and make like 80% of the putts I hit with it - by far the most out of any short stick i've ever tried. I made a pact with myself that if i dedicated more time to putting practice and could get one at a good price, i'd pick one up.

It now is in my bag.

I'll do some follow-up on it's performance down the road... ;)

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Hey man... the 2ball is a fine piece of equipment. It's the number one putter on the women's tour :D

Let me know how it works, I am always looking for new stuff ;)

Wanna buy some Macgregor blades? LOL

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I've seen it on TV several times...it is used on Tour more than people may think...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
No wonder you needed a cart bag. What is it now, 27 or 28 that you carry. :p

Here's a little putting story. I usually practice putting several days a week. It's usually just on carpet to keep the stroke consistent. The thing is, I haven't been putting all that well.

Last week I didn't hit a single practice stroke and on Sunday sunk 3 from over fifteen and missed nothing inside six feet. I may never practice putting again. :D

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Congrats on the new addition...I always have my eye open for a good deal on a 2-ball, I've been wanting to get one for quite some time. The extra weight of the putter just helps me control it better and have a much better tempo. I think you and your new putter will be very happy together:D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:

Here's a little putting story. I usually practice putting several days a week. It's usually just on carpet to keep the stroke consistent. The thing is, I haven't been putting all that well.

Last week I didn't hit a single practice stroke and on Sunday sunk 3 from over fifteen and missed nothing inside six feet. I may never practice putting again. :D

You got out all the bad ones at home and left the good ones in the bag for your round....

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Dave,

I now carry 49 clubs. I have a cart bag that I pull, plus a carry bag. ;)

The Two Ball will/should replace the White Hot #2 I have in there now. That's a great putter, I don't think i'll sell it. Fall back club, I guess.

I think i'm done for 2005 in terms of clubs. If I get any others, they'll have to be gifts. I'm gonna concentrate on what I have now and get those dialed.

Although, a raw Mizuno wedge would be a nice addition.

I have problems. :(

R35

PS....Silver, I wanted the Steel, but couldn't find one at the time. They feel nice, very nice. Although, the transfer to the White Hot from my existing #2 should be an easy swap.....we'll see tho.... :canadafla

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
May as well get the Mizuno wedge and make it an even 50. ;)

If you can stick to it, I may be a bigger ho than you this year. I'm going to try and find one of the bigger drivers to try and gain a little distance and control. I'm also considering a second hybrid.

Golfsmith has there all vendor demo day on May 6 so I'm hoping to make it to that. It's a ho's dream.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
DaveE said:

That kinda happened to me. Except I always try and read the greens and be real careful. Last time I went out I was just getting over the ball and hitting. I kept sinking them:D

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
The two ball is indeed very nice, everytime I goto Golfsmith I'd grab one and play around with it.

But I will never get rid of my Anser 4...

well.. maybe for a Cameron Newport 1.5 :p

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
I know I'll sound like the endless reviews over at GR, but my White Steel is saving "hundreds of strokes per round".

Seriously, though. I have a tough time mishitting this putter. It is crazy forgiving, and I love the sound that steel part makes at contact.

I never thought a putter could make a difference, but it has. I'm hitting my drives 325 and straight every time.

BTW, 914. Who is the chick in your avatar?

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Rock, I hear ya. I only ended up upgrading to the WS because I found the regular 2Ball to feel "dead", probably because of the sound. Picked up the WS and the difference was amazing. Like Buddha, I now drive the ball further and don't even need to putt because I sink all my wedges.

THANK YOU ODYSSEY!

Members online

No members online now.