• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hole in 1 NOT...

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I'm lucky to have a nice public course near my house that has a great practice range. It has a driving range with spot on yardage markers and it also has a chipping green and two real deal practice holes a par 3 and par 4 with white and red tee boxes. I was having a sweet range session I was hitting the ball great and after a small bucket I hit the chipping green and waited to get on the 1st practice hole. The first hole is a par 3 and I hit 2 balls from 170 both on then I went up to the 140 yard red tees. The pin was in the back left I took out a 9 iron and aimed right at the pin I play a cut so if it went straight great and if it cut I would be just right of the pin. Well it went straight over the pin landed 7ft past spun back and went in. I let out a little whoop and looked around to see if anyone saw it then it hit me I cant count this. Oh well it was still cool but I don't know which fake hole in 1 is better tonight's or last years hole in one on the simulator during the winter:) At least I know it can be done.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ah, who wants a 140yd. 9i hole in one anyway... what do you play off the ladies tees? I want mine to be like a 219yd. 3i, that's manly. :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ah, who wants a 140yd. 9i hole in one anyway... what do you play off the ladies tees? I want mine to be like a 219yd. 3i, that's manly. :laugh:

You need to hit the ball somewhat straight first.

OP
gunning4u

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006

Or a double eagle on a 350 yard dog leg right, one of the biggest hacks I play with had one earlier this year. WTF I don't think I will ever get one. :ugly25:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
There is a driving range about 50 miles from my house and i was driving by it one day so decided to stop with a couple of friends...its just a very nicely groomed range out to 275 but the cool thing is they keep pretty nice "greens" with holes at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200yds.

I was hitting my 7i at the time to the 150 green and one disapeared...well, i had to find out so since the only other person there was my g/f i ran out there and sure enough there it was at the bottom of the cup, its by no means official, but its sure fun to watch it drop from that far out

Nice shooting either way!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I'd take one if it was on a 110 yd. par 3 with a 5 iron! I'm almost 44 with a hack game, I could give a rat's arse about "manly"! :D

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
It doesn't matter where it happens or what the circumstances are. You hit a shot from a legitimate tee box into the hole in one stroke on a par three. Welcome to the ace club. My only ace came on a shot par three as well only 150yds, and it was my third shot (dumped one into the water short, and decided I would rather hit a full club than a half wedge from the drop area) but I still consider it an ace even if it was a 3 on the score card. Congrats again.

🔥 Latest posts