• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hole-In-One Today!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
But not me... :(

My 13 yr. old step son who's been playing for a year had quite a day today. This morning he found out he made the middle school golf team. Then, this afternoon he makes his first hole-in-one on a 138 yd. par 3 with his 5 iron. He hit the ball about 5-10 yards short of the green and it bounced onto the green and rolled into the hole. He was playing with 3 teammates, and a high school player/friend of his was watching from an adjoining fairway, so it was witnessed by 4 other players! The high schooler actually walked to the green, looked in the cup, made the "touchdown" symbol, and then walked back to his ball just shaking his head.

My boy also shot 46 from the ladies tees today.

Me and a buddy of mine were 1 hole back and saw the celebration, but not the shot.

Our pro is sending it in to the CGA (I think that's who he said), and the local paper was there covering a high school match so they got all the info and are putting it in tomorrow's paper.

I'm really proud of him!!!

Maybe one day I'll get my first.....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Excellent work! Give him a high five for me. And, tell him he owes me a beer! ;)

Frame that ball, dude!

:thumbs up:

R35

-IceMan-

A good walk spoiled.
Mar 12, 2008
INSANE! Thats so cool. Man that kid is going to be like 6'5" when he's done growing. I'm 5' 11" now, and I've got probably 5 or 6 years on him.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
How tall is he?

I was 5'11" at 13 years old.

I'm 16 now and around 6'7".

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Great shot. He'll appreciate it even more in a few years when he realizes how rare they really are.
icon10.gif

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Great shot. He'll appreciate it even more in a few years when he realizes how rare they really are.
icon10.gif

No doubt, I made one YEARS ago when I was 16, haven't done it again since. That's why I suggested having the ball bronzed or something, made into a plaque, anything so he can always look back on it.

BladerHater

Feb 22, 2008
What does he want, a cookie? Seriously, its just a hole in one. Just kidding, Good Job, I would think a kid of the same stature as mine wouldn't be four clubs behind me, and I am not a long player by any means. But whatever, play your game.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
great story - I like the "it's good" touchdown sign - i mean, what other options did he have?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
What does he want, a cookie? Seriously, its just a hole in one. Just kidding, Good Job, I would think a kid of the same stature as mine wouldn't be four clubs behind me, and I am not a long player by any means. But whatever, play your game.
You're such a hater. But seriously folks, just kidding. I mean why would you make comments aboot what you think his yardage should be - just joking! You know, if you don't have something nice to say, then STFU! I'm just messing with ya', bro. Chill out. No, it's cool...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Great shot!!! Thats something he will remember for the rest of his life; at least i hope he will!

Closest i ever came was about the same length hole threw pitching wedge about 2-3feet behind the pin, spun back and bounced off the pin to about 3 feet....and i missed the putt:dead:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.