• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hole In One

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
Had my first hole in one today! The 183 yard par 3 at my home course, #14. Hit a 6 iron, high fade landed 6 ft in front of the hole, and rolled right in. =)))

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Re: Hol In One

Congrats!!! I've had 2 aces. One in 1994. The other in 2004. If the 10 year interval holds, 2014 will see the next one occur.

183 yards with a 6-iron? That's the problem when us old men card an ace. We are fearful someone will ask the club selection. My headlne would read... "Golfer Aces 125 Yard Hole with Driver!" :>)

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011

Tyvm! And yeah limp, the 6 was because the pin was in the front, and I was feeling strong. I was 4 over through 13 holes, feeling very good about my round, and before I hit the shot I said to my playing partner, "If I make a hole in one right now, you're buying me a 12 pack of shock top bottles. You ready for it?" So I stepped up, hit a high fade, landed it 6 feet in front of the pin, and it rolled up and dropped in!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

Congrats on the Ace!!!

Closest i have been was probably about 6 feet out...and from what i remember, i did not par that hole. lol

Grinder

Nov 19, 2009

Congrats! Nothing more exciting than seeing that ball disappear from the tee box.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008

Welcome to the club. I had one it is a truly amazing feeling.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
If you got the witnesses signatures go to the club pro and ask him to turn it into the PGA. You'll be on record there! Then write all the manufacturers of the equipment you used (ball and club) and tell them and you'll get some freebees. Milk it!!!

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
awesome.... really awesome. I agree w/ the poster who said to get it on record w/ the PGA and milk it for some free gear; at least from the maker of the irons...

;)

A.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Sweet thump, so only thing I need to know now is did he get you the 12 pack of shock top bottles?

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
He shook on it, and he's a regular at the course, and I work there. He lives pretty close to me, and I'm sure he'll follow through. I did buy everyone a beer when I got back to the clubhouse as well!

And about the gear, I'll bring my scorecard in with me tomorrow to work, and I'll make sure my boss sends it in!

🔥 Latest posts