• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hole In One

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Had my first hole in one today! The 183 yard par 3 at my home course, #14. Hit a 6 iron, high fade landed 6 ft in front of the hole, and rolled right in. =)))

Congrats! And that's a huge 6 iron. I'd need to hammer a 5 iron to get there

harrison

Nov 3, 2010
Congratulations! I have been waiting a long time to hit one of those but hopefully it will come soon enough.

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
I was just coming off of 3 pars and a bog, so I was pretty happy with my play at the time, and felt powerful. My 5, when I feel powerful and it's hot outside, would've easily landed on the back of the green and rolled off. The 6 was the right choice. Had I hit a draw, it would've probably landed near the same spot, maybe a bit further, but rolled way off.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Congrats! And that's a huge 6 iron. I'd need to hammer a 5 iron to get there

Man up and get those senior flex shafts outta there! ;)

Well done on the ace. I have three, but none with more than a 7 iron in my hands. It's such a sweet feeling when something actually goes right for a change!

R35

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Congrats on the ace! I've had two and its an unreal feeling. Watching the ball vanish takes your breath away!! Time for another!

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
Well playing 5 times a week at a golf course that I work at, for the rest of this summer, will hopefully give me a few more chances at a second. I got the one on the toughest par 3 of the course (toughest visually, not handicap), so hopefully I'll get a good chance at another on one of the easier par 3s!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Well playing 5 times a week at a golf course that I work at, for the rest of this summer, will hopefully give me a few more chances at a second. I got the one on the toughest par 3 of the course (toughest visually, not handicap), so hopefully I'll get a good chance at another on one of the easier par 3s!

I dunno - I made one 10 years ago, and have not hit one inside a foot since then. Had plenty of 2-3 footers, but nothing close.

🔥 Latest posts