• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HOLES IN MY GLOVES

seanmathes

Sep 6, 2005
I keep wearing holes in my gloves on the left hand on the heel pad of my palm? Is this normal or is there something else that I should be doing? I tried buying a better glove the last one that I had was an all cabretta footjoy and that still only lasted about a week (I spend about 15-20 hours a week on the range and play at least one round). I would think that a glove should last a little longer than that. Thanks for any input guys.

Sean

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
hmm.. I think they should last longer than that. The wear area sounds normal, at least I know I wear holes in that location also, but back in high school I played 18 holes almost everyday of the week and I think I bought a new glove every month or so. :confused:

Just to give you an idea of my glove situation.. speaking of that, I need to buy a new one. :(

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
That happens because of the way you grip the club. Probably too much in the palm and too tight.

If you use a lighter grip and grip it more in your fingers that will stop happening. It use to happen to me too.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
20 hours is a hell of a lot,and with a cord and soft leather its possible they could go through,I went through to Titty Players in a week once.But you could also be gripping to tight,better have it checked out.

OP
S

seanmathes

Sep 6, 2005
I am not sure about the grips. I don't know how you tell if they are cord grips or not? I know they are Golf Pide Dual Durometer and they are red on the end. They have been on the clubs since I have had them and they are MacGregor M675s.

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
It's your grip (how you hold the club, not the actual grip itself). I had this same problem when I first started playing, because I used to play baseball. I held the club in the palm o my hand, and that was where the glove would wear out first. Once I got some lessons ans started holding the club in m fingers, this problem went away.

Place the grip in the pad between the first and second knuckle on both hands. It may feel like the club will slip out, but trust me it won't.

Good luck.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Thats the grip I use,and imo,they are the best out there.They make them in half cord,little specs of what looks like very thin string in the grip,or standard,just black rubber.If you hitting a thousand balls+ a week with even a soft half cord liek these,and they are the softest half cords I have ever played,then I don't think you have a problem.A 1000 full shots with a grip is heavy going

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I use the correct grip (and grip lightly) and wear the holes in the back part of the palm but it takes a good two months or more of solid play to get a hole worn through.

OP
S

seanmathes

Sep 6, 2005
I really don't think that my grip is wrong perhaps I am gripping it too tight but I didn't think so. It seems to me that I start out with light pressure but with the force of the swing I naturally tighten it as I come through.

The hole isn't really in the palm but more on the very bottom of my hand near the wrist on the right side. Very bottom right hand corner of the hand. I thought that is where all of the verticle pressure of the club was supposed to rest?

OP
S

seanmathes

Sep 6, 2005
I am definitely in the hard swinger category. Can anybody recommend a good glove? Every glove I have tried seem pretty similar and are all junk? The last footjoy was $20 and didn't seem any better than the $5 ones.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nike Durafeel, $9.99. Has a double heel pad. I've had the same one for over a month and I play a lot as well as swing hard. They last me about 6 weeks and I can play them till the velcro tab rips off. They also come in a nice snap tight plastic case, this definitely makes them last longer if you put it back in and seal it after. Best of all though, they come in black.
icon10.gif

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Hard swinger category, it sounds like there may be a slight bit of movement at the top of the backswing or a re grip maybe, you will have to get someone to watch as this may not be apparent to yourself

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.