• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Holy stimpmeter Batman!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Tomorrow (Thursday) I get to sub in my old company's golf league on Ives Grove Golf Links near Racine. I haven't golfed there this year and their greens are always noted for being the fastest in this area. So I tooled over today to take some practice on their huge putting green. It has lot's of rises and humps, just like the greens on the course. It is faster then I EVER remember it! I can not believe the Masters or US Open greens could be faster. These are like putting on contoured concrete or tile. I tried to put the balls on one of the slight downhill lies and they would NOT stay. I lightly tapped the ball and it had to roll down 30 feet or more. And guess what? I usually putt really well on fast greens. Should be fun.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I've always putted better when greens are fast. Have a good time man, let us know how many you make!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Haha, bummer. I always play terrible in the wind. Bet that wind made putting those slick greens fun.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I can't understand how that course designer managed to make every hole play INTO the wind. :mad:

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I can't understand how that course designer managed to make every hole play INTO the wind. :mad:

Isn't that the truth. It's amazing how they did that. 7 out of every 9 holes plays into the teeth of the wind every day. No matter which way the wind is going. I like that course nonetheless because of the greens and the fact that you can score good on it one day and it'll sink it's teeth in yer sorry ass the next. So many bunkers and a bit of water. Oh yeah, and the Wind!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.