• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Home course opened today

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I paid my membership dues.............got an email that the course was opening today........and what happens..............we get 6 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday and last night!!!! The story of this year. WBL and I go to KY to escape winter, and it followed us down. Now this. If I ever see Al Gore and his global warming, I'm punching him out. :real angry:

ers1029

Apr 1, 2008
That's sucks. Mother nature is a real B somtimes. You'll get out there soon I bet! Don't worry.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I paid my membership dues.............got an email that the course was opening today........and what happens..............we get 6 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday and last night!!!! The story of this year. WBL and I go to KY to escape winter, and it followed us down. Now this. If I ever see Al Gore and his global warming, I'm punching him out. :real angry:

Hey, fat Al also brought you the Internet, without which you wouldn't be able to bitch and moan, so it all evens out. :D

The weather here is 70° F and sunny, but I can't play golf either because the courses are full of Yankees and the rates are tripled. Which one of us has it worse?

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully you get out soon! :thumbs up:

I'm in the other boat too.. its nice and sunny here. But my empty wallet wont allow me to get on the course.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I would have shot myself already if I couldn't play. I'm playing friday and its going to be sunny and 85*.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
My home course sent me that email and I am hoping for the snow and rain to hold off on Friday when I go to the range and on Saturday when me and my friend hit the course.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
thats gotta suck we get to play year around... not to rub it in or anything..lol.... but during the 100+ degree days youve got the upper hand(i still play @100+ b/c im a warrior)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
We only got rain down here sssmokin. But the courses are so wet it's not worth plugging the balls. The grass is turning green though. :)

Armygolf

Sep 7, 2007
I just got an email 2 days ago saying the course will be open Sunday. Now we're supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of the white stuff. I'm sure it will melt right away, but the course will be too sloppy.:real angry:

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Been snowing here all day... not hard but we have a couple of inches on the grass. The good thing is that this time of year it melts fast.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
We only got rain down here sssmokin. But the courses are so wet it's not worth plugging the balls. The grass is turning green though. :)
Same here, looking forward to getting out on the course very soon!

(Well, maybe, calling for really heavy rain and storms tonight...60's next week though!)

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Raining like a mother......... here now. High temp for the last 3 days has been 34º F. :killersmiley:

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
It's going to be sunny and 80 degrees this weekend in San Jose.....I have morning tee times for both days.

S-

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
My little home course opened today, greens were really fuzzy. The putts could go anywhere. I hit the ball well but my chiping was downright horrible. +1 for 9 holes in my first money match of the year. We both bogied the last.

🔥 Latest posts