• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Home exercise equipment

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think we've compromises with a recumbent bike. We may hold off and see if we can make lifestyle/diet changes at first.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I haven't done anything spectacular with my diet. I just stopped going all spectacularly shitty with the mountain dew, cakes/cookies/etc, midnight snacking, etc... Two brats, only one with bun, instead of 3 all with bun. I haven't had a regular soda in a long time.

Props dude! I was on a good roll for several months a while back with the no junk food, working out, doing good. Then I got lax with it and I'm back to drinking soda every day, eating whatever I want, and not touching my weights...Maybe I'll get back on this winter.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I think we've compromises with a recumbent bike. We may hold off and see if we can make lifestyle/diet changes at first.

Some people can make @ home workout equipment useful. I have had a set of olympic weights, bar, bench, and rack downstairs for about 6 years and although I haven't used it lately, for the first few years it got used pretty regularly. The great thing about free weights is the versatility. I can do pretty much anything I would do at a gym(I don't like machines) in my basement. I do need some sort of cardio though...a bike would be my choice. I just do jumping jacks/pushups/pullups/etc for my warmup instead.

I like having it in my house, although it's not as motivating as paying for a gym membership, I don't even have to get dressed to work out. In my PJ's sitting on the couch feeling fat? Head downstairs and pump some iron.

No idiots not racking weights, or not wiping off equipment, or holding up equipment while they gab to their buddies about how awesome their lats look, or screaming like they're being murdered while pressing half their body weight, or I could keep going.....

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Some people can make @ home workout equipment useful. I have had a set of olympic weights, bar, bench, and rack downstairs for about 6 years and although I haven't used it lately, for the first few years it got used pretty regularly. The great thing about free weights is the versatility. I can do pretty much anything I would do at a gym(I don't like machines) in my basement. I do need some sort of cardio though...a bike would be my choice. I just do jumping jacks/pushups/pullups/etc for my warmup instead.

I like having it in my house, although it's not as motivating as paying for a gym membership, I don't even have to get dressed to work out. In my PJ's sitting on the couch feeling fat? Head downstairs and pump some iron.

No idiots not racking weights, or not wiping off equipment, or holding up equipment while they gab to their buddies about how awesome their lats look, or screaming like they're being murdered while pressing half their body weight, or I could keep going.....

I can't do the home workout deal, have tried and I just lose motivation for some reason. I enjoy hitting the gym and typically am there 20 or so days per month.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I go the gym now and also see a trainer a couple times a week (he has his own studio gym). I still do the stuff at home sometimes too, but that's just the floor & I. A lot of what I do with the trainer is body weight training like good ole prison muscle. At the Y I either do classes (insanity, spin, or body pump) or I do elliptical followed by weight machines then pull ups. Elliptical will bust your ass if you kick up the resistance and give er... Believe that shit. Way better than a bike imho.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've eaten 1100 calories in about 90 seconds.

Footage?

ribfest072112lmb-3.jpg

🔥 Latest posts