• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HONDA Classic (spoiler)

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, another tournament is over and there seems to be finally a sense on what's going on this year with the game.

As we've been seeing all year long, there where only two U.S. flags in the Top-10 page which is really strange.

Great win by Camilo, who is playing an awesome golf and even though I hate him, it seems he is going to have a hell of a year. Second Top-10 in a row, and he didn't spoil the leadership this time like he did last week, plus a third place in the Accenture sure say a lot about how he is going to play the rest of the year. Unfortunately, he still mises every stupid 2ft putt possible, but with players like Singh and AK chasing him and watering every ball, there was no need for him to rush anyway.

McIlroy might compete with Mickelson on worst disappointment of the year

About the new groove rule, I think there has been some play in it which might be beneficial. I've seen a lot of pre-green shots, and there has been a lot less of "backspin" in the average shots...

Well, let's keep the season coming for new surprises, and hope to have the Coffee Cup Challenge Soon to win something this year finally! hehehehe

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
you HAVE to watch Nathan Green's(he was playing with Camilo) triple on the final par 3. brutal!

OP
xamilo

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
you HAVE to watch Nathan Green's(he was playing with Camilo) triple on the final par 3. brutal!

Why the hell did he kept doing the SAME shot again and again when he already knew it was not going to work? That is ridiculous!!!!

Now, two questions I have about Rules:

1. What would have happened if he had declared the ball "unplayable"? He would have rcecieved a penalty shot and where would he have had to place the ball?

2. WHen he hit the last "water shot", he hit another ball!!!!! WOuldn't that be penalized as "playing the wrong ball" or something? I know the circumstances where as weird as posible, but he did hit the hazard, didn't he?

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I enjoyed the Hell out of it. Villegas played fantastic. And AK did great (except for Saturday) too. Nice to see new blood mixed in with an excellent field.

🔥 Latest posts