• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Honey Run Golf Club, York PA

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Today I played Honey Run Golf Club near York PA.

Here is a link to the USGA ratings.
National Course Rating Database

And a link to the course website.
Honey Run Golf Club

The facility was in spectacular shape. The pro shop squeezed me in with a threesome scheduled to tee off an hour after I arrived. I got a large bucket of balls and headed to the range. The range was odd in that in was in front of a huge drop off so all of the flags are well below the hitting area so that you have no idea how far you are hitting your shots.

I was grouped with a threesome of beginners who despite there lack of ability were good company. Being a holiday weekend the course was packed. I had no expectations for a speedy round so the 4 hour and 55 minute round didn't bother me.

The course was in spectacular shape. The fairways were hard and fast. The rough not overly thick and kept mowed to a length that was less than punishing. The greens were magnificent and rolling extremely fast.

The scenery on this course is outstanding with plenty of wildlife to be seen and great views of the hilly countryside and Civil War era farms.

As for my round I hit the ball great all day but my short game and putting killed me. I carded an 81 that could easily have been a 75 were it not for lipped out birdie and par putts. So many blown oportunities on the greens and inside 50 yards today.

This is definately a course worth visiting if you are in the area and perhaps even worth it as a destination trip. Definately worth the $52 price for a prime time holiday weekend round. This course is better than many I play back home for double the money.

TheGolfersPlague

Jul 27, 2010
Is there anything that you didn't particularly like? Everything I've heard about this course is positive++ Have you gone a different time and it was just as packed?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Are you in PA, Fisher? I remember playing Honey Run, and liking it. I didn't hit the ball great, but it was still fun. I also remember getting sick from smoking too many cigars, LOL.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I am not in PA. My in-laws live about 3 miles from Honey Run. I can honestly say that there is nothing I would complain about with this course. I am a tough person to please and a self proclaimed super critic. If there is something to complain about I will probably find it. I can honestly say this place has pleased me each time I have played it. I just hope this course survives the current golf economy. I know they had financial issues in the past and were bought up by NFL commentator Ron Jaworski who owns two or three other courses.

It is an absolutely beautyful public course.

🔥 Latest posts