• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hook, line, and sinker...

clint

Aug 17, 2006
I just picked up golf again after a several year break. I did some surfing on the net, found this forum, and figured I'll pull up a chair long enough to introduce myself.

Seems like a lot of good people here. I'm gonna be more of a taker rather than a conrtributor of good advise for now as my game looks about as good as the backside of a baboon.

I picked up my Tommy Armour 845's for the first time in several years on my birthday and played a round of golf with them. That was enough to get me back into this addiction we call golf full force. A few days after the round I figured I should get the clubs regripped. After looking at all the clubs in the shop I rationalized long enough that it would be a much better idea to pick up the used set of pristine condition Callaway x-16's so that's what I did.

Getting the flat stick working for me is gonna be first on the agenda. I played a round last weekend and although I didn't keep track, I'd guess I used my putter 50 or so times. That's a hard pill to swallow. I never did break 100 when I played before, which is probably why I quit playing, but I plan to now. My score last weekend was 107. Two putting every hole would've put me into the high 80's or low 90's. It all sounds so simple when I analyze it like that. Now if I can just convince my brain to make my body do the right things I'll be all good.

Clint

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.