• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

horrible round, lost wallet...

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
so played today at ballyowen in new jersey. Real nice course. So i start out with a birdie on one. 525 yard par 5 on in 2 and 2 putted :(. Then two par three par and four bogey. On five i realize my wallet has fallen out of my pocket. No way of going back searching through 5 holes. I also usually put my wallet in my bag. grrr. So my license, all my cards, debit, reg for car, and about 150 cash gone. So the next tee box i am all out of sorts. Hit the ball like CRAP the rest of the round. All i was thinking about was all the hassle, dmv, credit cards, car reg, cash, blah blah blah. Ended up struggling to a 89 playing from the tips. Then after the round i got a cart from the guy to go on a wallet hunt and my friend lost his 7( what a bad day). So i get to 3 and my friend was like you were on the back of the green waiting for them to chip up. I said nah and started to go to 4. For some reason i turn around and go back to 3 to check. Well, thats where it was. I saw it sitting there in all its glory. the sun shining off it was better than a christmas present hahahah. So all in all the wallet messed up me mentally but at least i found it.

The funniest thing about the cash was, i wasnt thinking of it of 150.00, i was thinking, damn, i just lost three rounds worth of money lol.

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
I feel very badly for you! Not much sucks as much as losing a wallet. I lost a wallet in high school and have been carrying my cash in my front pocket. Since I am now 47 and have been out of high school for 30 years, you can imagine that the "cash" I was carrying was actually clams:p

OP
R

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
I feel very badly for you! Not much sucks as much as losing a wallet. I lost a wallet in high school and have been carrying my cash in my front pocket. Since I am now 47 and have been out of high school for 30 years, you can imagine that the "cash" I was carrying was actually clams:p

its funny. i never realized why for as long as i can remember my pops(i am 28) has put his wallet in the back and cash in the front lol. then again he carrys around knots lol.

OP
R

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
ohh and out of all of that today. the one thing i like. i hit a miss drive into the side of a lake. i hit it out standing in water half way up my chins and played the rest of the hole barefoot. and a bogey to boot. lol

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Hey, dont feel so bad, friday i had plans to take my daughter fishing for the first time...

Get home i can not for the life of me find my tackel box...apparently it was lost in the move my rods are already setup for worms though so so we hop in the car and take off, i forget to get the worms at my usual bait shop, but thats fine, i can pay the extra at the lake...on the way there i hit a frickin pheasant and bust the grill out of the car, forgot my wallet at home(i rode my motorcycle to work and i put my wallet in my zippered pocket on my jacket and left it in there) so the g/f and i cant fish(no fishing licenses), but the daughter can since she is only three.

She catches a nice sized bluegill on her little princess pole...she was excited, so was i. Then she hooks into a nice sized catfish and it breaks the line...argh i hate the cheap ass line on those cheap ass poles...but she loves it...so i let her fish with one of my big poles...

I guess it could hve been alot worse, could have gotten pulled over without a drivers license on me, checked by DNR without a fishing license(even though i have bought one they dont seem to care if you dont have it on you), and i guess i could have hit something larger than a Pheasant...

At the end of the day, watching the smile on her face when she pulled in that bluegill was worth all the stress and anxiety of the day

Not really sure what this had to do with the topic of the thread...o well, glad you found your wallet, thats a PITA to lose it.

OP
R

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
that sucks. i know its just a btch.

well, something i never posted. I have a evo ix modded as my roadrace car. Its not tech. street legal but still has a inspection and reg, and insurance since i bought the car new and inspection is not up until 2010. Its got one seat(drivers) which is a non adjustable recaro spg pole position, cage, straight exhaust, and so on. i decided ohhhh i want to drive the evo to the course because its a real nice road. wrong. i got pulled over for no front plate and i get busted because of everthing. so i get into it him saying the headlights are illegal which i didnt touch. me getting angry again i screwed up another round. this game is so mental

i feel its harder to get to the course mentally prepared than actually playing the round sometimes. ha. golf sucks!!!!!

Hey, dont feel so bad, friday i had plans to take my daughter fishing for the first time...

Get home i can not for the life of me find my tackel box...apparently it was lost in the move my rods are already setup for worms though so so we hop in the car and take off, i forget to get the worms at my usual bait shop, but thats fine, i can pay the extra at the lake...on the way there i hit a frickin pheasant and bust the grill out of the car, forgot my wallet at home(i rode my motorcycle to work and i put my wallet in my zippered pocket on my jacket and left it in there) so the g/f and i cant fish(no fishing licenses), but the daughter can since she is only three.

She catches a nice sized bluegill on her little princess pole...she was excited, so was i. Then she hooks into a nice sized catfish and it breaks the line...argh i hate the cheap ass line on those cheap ass poles...but she loves it...so i let her fish with one of my big poles...

I guess it could hve been alot worse, could have gotten pulled over without a drivers license on me, checked by DNR without a fishing license(even though i have bought one they dont seem to care if you dont have it on you), and i guess i could have hit something larger than a Pheasant...

At the end of the day, watching the smile on her face when she pulled in that bluegill was worth all the stress and anxiety of the day

Not really sure what this had to do with the topic of the thread...o well, glad you found your wallet, thats a PITA to lose it.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Wow! Someone was watching out for you. What a great feeling when you saw that wallet, eh?

🔥 Latest posts