• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Horrible TV shows.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I hate ALL TV except sports. It's all so lame now and special effects are used to cover the rotten acting and plots. Oh, except for TAPS. I like those guys.

Give me the Golf Channel and sports and that's about it. Occassional movie if it's good on HBO or one of those...

TAPS as in Ghost Hunters?

Ever notice how they find a lot more stuff than they did 3 years ago? Makes me suspect trickery.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Agreed that Worst Week is putrid, as are all of the CSI's. The one in Miami is definitely the worst of the lot, the blonde "gun expert" & the fat bald guy "frank" I want them both to be shot point blank range in the face.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
CSI used to be one of my favorites, only the original, thought the other 2 sucked. Although I think it has run it's course and hardly holds my interest, just keep watching it hoping it will die and I can say I watched it front to back.

Shows I like. 24, The Unit, Lost, House, Jericho (may not come back), Numb3rs, Burn Notice, Sons of Anarchy, Chuck, Two and a Half Men (Probably gone soon), NCIS, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money (edit - moved from B to A list)

Others on the B list for mindless entertainment and to pass the time Friday Night Lights, My Own Worst Enemy (doubt it will last), Raising the Bar, Monk, Journeyman, Traveler (may already be gone), Life, Psych, Shark, Cold Case, Damages, New Amsterdam, Terminator

Also liked The Sheild and the Dead Zone, but they are done.

Think that about covers my Season Passes :laugh:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Shows I am really starting to hate....

While when Survivor came out, I loved it for the first two years, I really now hate reality TV and would have preferred not having a couple years of Survivor for the sake of all the crap the writers seem to put out for the sake of being lazy. I think Reality TV did more harm than good.

About the only I will watch are Hell's Kitchen, and I watched the Rock Star shows when they were around. Not even sure I consider those Reality TV, but same concept.

To me, Reality TV tops the list of horrid TV shows, and may mark the death of creative TV.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
She accuses me of wanting to watch nothing but sports. "Ball... ball... ball!!!", she says. "Football, basketball, baseball, golf ball!, don't you ever get tired of that crap?"

"Well, honey, if you'd watch something besides that *&^%$ Lifetime Channel, maybe we could negotiate. But, until you turn off that garbage... I don't see how you watch the same story (man cheats on wife, wife finds out, man kills wife and lives with girlfriend) or (man is an alchoholic, woman seeks help from minister/attorney/neighbor and has affair with said resource person). Whatever the movie, the theme is the same... men are scum and women are victims. These are the same as the daily soap operas only the soaps take 10 years to tell the same story Lifetime movies tell in 2 hours. And I'm not going to sit hour after hour and watch a wrinkling and aging Meridith Baxter star as her 110th abused wife."

Oh, sorry! Ummmm, my vote for televisions worst.... Lifetime Channel!!!!!!

Hos

Jan 11, 2009
Any reality TV, and pretty much the whole second half of the packers season. That was even worse than Lifetime!
Does that Subway 5$ footlong commercial make anyone else want to go Postal?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
She accuses me of wanting to watch nothing but sports. "Ball... ball... ball!!!", she says. "Football, basketball, baseball, golf ball!, don't you ever get tired of that crap?"

"Well, honey, if you'd watch something besides that *&^%$ Lifetime Channel, maybe we could negotiate. But, until you turn off that garbage... I don't see how you watch the same story (man cheats on wife, wife finds out, man kills wife and lives with girlfriend) or (man is an alchoholic, woman seeks help from minister/attorney/neighbor and has affair with said resource person). Whatever the movie, the theme is the same... men are scum and women are victims. These are the same as the daily soap operas only the soaps take 10 years to tell the same story Lifetime movies tell in 2 hours. And I'm not going to sit hour after hour and watch a wrinkling and aging Meridith Baxter star as her 110th abused wife."

Oh, sorry! Ummmm, my vote for televisions worst.... Lifetime Channel!!!!!!

Amen Limpalong, +1 on the Lifetime being the worst tv out there. If that network isn't owned by man hating lezzies I'll eat one of extra putters.

Not one of my Scotty's though, nope, no way, ain't going to happen.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Would have said "You're right, how bought some hockey tonight.?":prop:

Actually, what do I know, my wife likes watching sports. Although I think it could be because unlike regular TV, she can fall asleep in the middle and not have to ask for an update as to what happened while she was asleep. It is pretty obvious by the score. :laugh:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Amen Limpalong, +1 on the Lifetime being the worst tv out there. If that network isn't owned by man hating lezzies I'll eat one of extra putters.

Not one of my Scotty's though, nope, no way, ain't going to happen.

"If that network isn't owned by man hating lezzies I'll eat one..." Sorry, I just had breakfast!!!!:prop::prop:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
"If that network isn't owned by man hating lezzies I'll eat one..." Sorry, I just had breakfast!!!!:prop::prop:

limpalong

:biglol:

I HATE medical shows. I HATE hospitals and I HATE doctors. Why do you want to watch a depressing show about pain and suffering? Which is what goes on in hospitals... :confused:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Don't forget, Big Break is technically a reality show. :p

I watch a lot of sports as well, but my wife either reads or watches with me. She's become a Steelers fan. :D

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I enjoyed "My own worst enemey", however it was canceled after maybe 4 episodes. Too bad because I like Christian Slater.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I enjoyed "My own worst enemey", however it was canceled after maybe 4 episodes. Too bad because I like Christian Slater.
Yeah I mentioned it, but didn't know it was already canceled, although as mentioned I could see it coming. Probably felt that way because while I am a fan of Christian Slater as well, and also like Mike O'Malley, it just didn't seem like it much in the way of plot but simply the concept.

🔥 Latest posts