• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hosel Diameter Question...

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I have a Snake Eyes 653D driver head (listed as .335 inch hosel) and I tried to install a .335 inch shaft... and it didnt seem right to me. The shaft moved around more than I thought was normal in the hosel so I took it out and cleaned the epoxy off everything... I figured the shaft was prepped too much, but even an unprepped shaft I had laying around fit into the hosel with room to spare.

I took the driver head to have it measured, and the hosel measured at .3425 inches... Soooooo

Is this normal for a driver head? Should I just add more epoxy and shaft beads and not worry about it?

BTW, the hosel was measured with a digital caliper that was checked with NIST certified .250 and .500 inch blocks...

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I would just epoxy it up and go with it. It's not quite wide enough for a .350 shaft. Though, if you prep the tip a little of a .350, you might be able to get one in there.

It was still that wide all the way down in the bottom? Odd indeed but most likely well within their own tolerances.

OP
T

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I would just epoxy it up and go with it. It's not quite wide enough for a .350 shaft. Though, if you prep the tip a little of a .350, you might be able to get one in there.

It was still that wide all the way down in the bottom? Odd indeed but most likely well within their own tolerances.

Towards the bottom it was the same size, then turned a little into an oval shape... kinda like someone reamed it out in a half ass manner.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Towards the bottom it was the same size, then turned a little into an oval shape... kinda like someone reamed it out in a half ass manner.

Yeah, it sounds like someone might have broken a shaft at the hosel and drilled it out and caused damage.

Go ahead and use epoxy and beads and you should be fine.

OP
T

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, it sounds like someone might have broken a shaft at the hosel and drilled it out and caused damage.

Go ahead and use epoxy and beads and you should be fine.

Would using at the shaft tip (like a strip of aluminum from a pepsi can) to keep a space all around the shaft be helpful?... I guess that is what the beads are for...
Anyways, thanks for the advice.

🔥 Latest posts