• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hot Damn!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok, The gallery is set (I swear this time).

I have not disabled the attachment feature but I would like you to use the gallery for your golf related uploads and link to the pic. The correct code is included when you post your pic.

This will beef up the gallery and give the random image generator something to work with.

Also.....
Only good quality please, non of that way out of focus crap, eh, master? ;)

I'll delete it if it sux.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
One more thing.

If you have pics posted in the picture forum and feel like moving them to the gallery (don't delete, just copy and upload) please do.

fill in the description field so we know where the pic is from.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Sling, to avoid having "good threads of pictures" being lost in the mass of one huge gallery, is it possible to set up albums?

I believe they use the same software at www.bcsportbikes.com and there is a setup like that. Basically, each member has their own gallery and can set up albums and shizzo and it works great, because I can have a "Swan-e-Set March 6, 2005" gallery (btw, that's where I played today and apparently that's where Happy Gilmore was filmed). It prevents having someone who actually wants to see the Swan-e pictures having to look through 194 pages of gallery photos (once it catches on).

Mind you, if it's a lot of work, I don't think you should bother, but if it's not, it seems like a good idea.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Sling:

I will check into this when I get back from my trip. Want to follow the conventions here.

b

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It's a good idea in that I don't have to struggle with anymore coding......BUT......I am thinking that if you upload your pics of XYZ course to the gallery and still put them in the pictures catagory, the thread in pictures would pretty much be the same thing as an individual album, no?

Regardless, I just got the gallery to work correctly so I'm takingg the rest of the night off. ;) I'll look into the album idea this week.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Here's something else.....

The gallery software will resize your gigantic pics automatically.
There is no need to do it beforehand.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Here's something else.....

The gallery software will resize your gigantic pics automatically.
There is no need to do it beforehand.

Score one for lazy *******s like me

Don't sweat the albums, but if it's not a hard thing to do, I think it'd be cool - for things like "I think I want to check out Sling's album today" or "Let's make a drinking game out of trying to figure out what the blurred shapes in TM's pictures are"

Ya know, stuff like that.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
There is a defacto function where that is already possible.

If you click on a pic (one of mine, for instance) you will see a detail box. the second frame is the "posted by" section and you can view all of that users posted pics.

I'll still look into the album thing though.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online