• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How 'bout them CHIEFS!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Yep, I have already moved on to College Basketball

Limpalong, what a log jam in the Big 12 (10), Oy Vey. While I am obviously biased, that is probably the best conference I have ever seen in College Basketball. Three tied for 1st. 6 teams within 2 games, 6 ranked teams, 3 in the top ten. None of the 10 have a losing record.

Looks like they will get at least 8 in the dance, very possibly 9.
The new K-State coach has done a remarkable job. Started out like a house fire. Never a head coach. An assistant for something like 19 years at Baylor. He has the facility packed for games. Big bonus in his contract to just have a winning season!
The other teams weren't ready for an energized, well coached team after the past few years. Now, they come better prepared. But, if he did this well with the scrubs and a couple he brough in, he will make KSU someone to be reckoned with. Just hope we can keep him.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
All I have to say is I thoroughly enjoyed pulling for the Chiefs that night! Great game! Hate the Eagles

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
That was fun to watch. What happened to Mahomes in the second half? Kinda fell apart, there.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That was fun to watch. What happened to Mahomes in the second half? Kinda fell apart, there.
WR's used "Skin So Soft" on their manicured hands instead of stickum. Toney was the SB hero but could not hold onto a ball last night. Mahomes was hitting the receivers, but they either seemed distracted or just couldn't hang on.
Defense had some issues, but could have survived had half the dropped passes been caught. Andy will shake some things up this week before the next game.

Have to hand it to the Lions. Began last year's season with a ton of losses. Caught fire for the second half of the season. Played well again last night.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
WR's used "Skin So Soft" on their manicured hands instead of stickum. Toney was the SB hero but could not hold onto a ball last night. Mahomes was hitting the receivers, but they either seemed distracted or just couldn't hang on.
Defense had some issues, but could have survived had half the dropped passes been caught. Andy will shake some things up this week before the next game.

Have to hand it to the Lions. Began last year's season with a ton of losses. Caught fire for the second half of the season. Played well again last night.
Toney was the only one that prevented Dan Campbell (Detroits HC) from looking like the village idiot. Punting at 4th and 3 from KC 40 in the 3rd when he should have gone for it, then going for it on 4th and 2 with 2:30 to play when he should have punted. Leaving KC with needing 10-15 yards for a chance at a game winning FG. Also surprised he really didn’t utilize his 1st round pick. He said he was going to limit his play, so he made it through 17 games. Gibbs 19 snaps vs 55 for Montgomery. At least he won’t get injured if he is essentially benched with 7 rushes and 2 targets.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country

Case in point:

1694202291604.png

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Honestly, Favre and Rodgers ruined the Packers for me, I could never root for them. Same with Brady and the Pats.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I would like to address a few things;
1. Mahomes was a runner, in bounds, and did not give himself up, that call was horse shit. As a defender, trying to keep a runner from getting the first down, that is a reasonable hit. He did not lead with his helmet...just because it's a QB shouldn't make a difference at all.
2. The no pass interference call...if Mahomes would have thrown the ball well, and the receiver didn't have to slow down, he wouldn't have had the defender run up his back....also, the defender was looking at and going for the ball which is not pass interference. I'm good with the no call....and not because I'm a Packer fan. There's been several under thrown balls from Love this year where the defender was able to catch up and run up our receivers backs and I can't recall a PI call on one of those.

🔥 Latest posts