• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do I cure a over active Powerfade?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting desperate here. I swear it seems the more I try to fix this the worse it gets. I've tried buying the FT-i LCG, supposed to be stupid easy to hit straight. Guess what, I can make this thing fade to high heaven.

I've tried setting up to hit a draw, aiming the club face at my target, aiming my body to the right. The ball just starts off to the right where I was aiming my body, then fades off into oblivion/OB.

I've tried strengthening my grip, I've tried weakening it. I've tried relaxing my grip tightness.

Eracer says I'm hitting a push/block, but then it fades at the end?

I've lost all confidence in my driver and on every hole but the par 5's I'm teeing off with my Baffler 2r.

If the stars align just right and I aim far enough to the left, I'm poking the ball out there around 265-275, so I don't think its a slice.

From what little I apparently know about the golf swing, it feels like I'm not getting the club head squared up before impact, but damned if I know what to do to fix it.

Any advice or tips, drills, anything? :unhappy:

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks WOAT, I bookmarked that site. I may have too much tension, its gotten to the point I feel like I'm trying to steer the ball, which I'm sure is causing tension. It wasn't that long ago I was hitting the ball considerably farther, but as I've tried to fix this fade/slice/block, whatever it is, I'm losing distance.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've gotten so desperate, when someone on here posted that the new Diablo has a super closed face I almost ran down to the new Dick's here, they have them on sale, :confused:

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Thanks WOAT, I bookmarked that site. I may have too much tension, its gotten to the point I feel like I'm trying to steer the ball, which I'm sure is causing tension. It wasn't that long ago I was hitting the ball considerably farther, but as I've tried to fix this fade/slice/block, whatever it is, I'm losing distance.

Ive bought a few of his videos (internet downloads) for 10 bucks each, and the best one is his Never Slice Again video, and the best advice, and easiest to implement is in that article I posted above.

From my limited experience, there are two ways Pros have given me advice to fix a slice... either they see the slice and try to fix the path first, or they try to fix the clubface first. For me, if I square up the face correctly, it takes care of the swing path, and no shanks.

Occasionally, Ill hit a huge, off the map, out of bounds, off the property push to the left (LHander), and its always later in a round, trying to really hit it hard.

If only someone made a "Never Chunk Again".. then Id be set!

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Probably too much too soon, but Manzella preaches the grip described below , probably to get you to have good clubface control.
http://www.autosuccessonline.com/mag/Sep03.pdf page 22

Basically, match the clubface to the "back" of your hand, so when youre at impact, if your wrist is pointing at the target, the clubface is square...

I dont use that grip, feels too weak on the top hand... just giving you the info from the first two chapters of the Never Slice Again DVD.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks WOAT, I printed out the info I think will help me, I'll take it to the range and try it out if this blasted rain EVER stops!

Anybody else got any tips or advice?

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Sounds like you're just way over tense and have lost all confidence in the big dog. Happens to everyone I think. When was the last time that you went to range and just hammered the thing? When I try and steer the ball, I hit the same push fade or a nasty pull hook.....which is even more interesting. Also, check your ball position, I allow mine to creap back in my stance way to far...and then I start hitting a consistant push. Get the ball way up between your left toe and heel in your stance...and hammer it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I went thru this last season and the beginning of this season. My buddy is a former golf pro and gave me a quick tip that has helped IMMENSELY. It turned my super power fade slice into a nice straight ball with a little fade at the end.

Tee up a ball and using a 5i or driver hit balls with your feet together. This way you have to make a good backswing and good shoulder turn and you cant get your hips to fast or come over the top. Try it, it might help!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
A Callaway rep showed me this drill a few years ago. I'll use it when my driver starts doing what your's is now. Helps get the club swinging around your body into a solid posted left side at impact. I hit it a good 240 with a 5yd. draw out of this setup.

YouTube - staggerdrive

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks guys,

I've got some great ideas to try now.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
You need to buy my R9 driver, It will fix everything :D

The sad thing is, if I actually thought it would, I'd buy it. Heaven knows I didn't accumulate 8 drivers at one time a while back by not buying into the hype. :bang:

🔥 Latest posts