• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do lug your bag around the course?

How do get your clubs around the course?

• Carry them yourself/ use a stand bag.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Always take a powered cart.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Use a pull/push cart.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Abuse the caddies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
How do you lug your bag around the course?

Always take a cart?
Carry it & utilize a stand bag?
Have a pull/push cart?
Use the clubs caddies if available?

I have tried the carry method & hate it, so I had a pull cart which I just upgraded to a Bag Boy push cart. Don't know if I would ever use a caddie since most of them could probably kick my ass on the course.
DSC04003.jpg
DSC04004.jpg

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I voted push/pull cart although lately I've been riding in a cart a lot.

I do like my push cart though and the Ogio AMP bag is a great push cart bag.

awww.webtoo.net_misc_100_0165sm.jpg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Forced cart rider. Hard to find a course that will let you walk down here. The one I knew, closed.

I would prefer to go push cart/trolley method, but I can not justify the cost as there is literaly no where where I regularly golf that allows walking.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i always use a cart.because my playing partner has had a circulation provlem in his legs.

maybe next yr we will walk on occasion.since he has had surgery on it to correct the prob.

we used to walk about half the time.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I carry my R7 stand bag about 95% or more of the time. Due to the stand it doesn't sit too well on the average trolley / pull-cart. My course is very hilly with lots of dunes, so a trolley is sometimes not the most convenient method of lugging yer bats around...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Always carry. Absolutely hate pull carts, just too inconvinient around hazards, greens and such. walkin in circles bothers me to hell.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I walk and carry about 80% of the time and ride in a cart the other 20%. I've been thinking about a push cart (I just typed push fart by accident... :laugh:) since my back bothers me a lot from work. Not lower, just my muscles in the upper between my shoulder blades and my legs a lot as well.

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I carried for the last 25 years and this year bought a Clicgear pushcart. It was the best 200 bucks I ever spent.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Sun Mountain Speed Cart when it's not too hot and the course allows it.

Golf was meant to be played walking. I can understand people with physical ailments riding, but I seem to play better when I walk.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I carry 98% of the time it seems, it's a rhythm thing. If I'm playing with a 3 guys who want to ride I will usually oblige, unless it's a tourney.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I always walk in tournaments, always.

If I'm playing with 3 guys who are riding...well, I generally outdrive people here (not gloating, just saying), so it's usually a wash anyway.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I stopped carrying my bag this year - switched to a cart bag and have been using a pull cart or riding(if I have to or hungover or playing for work)

push carts are much better than pull carts and carrying my bag doesn't help my score - I was either tired by the end, or using muscles I'm better off not using before I swing the club - scores dropped a few strokes when I dropped the standbag

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
99% carry, but cant carry unless i have a dual strap bag... 1% cart... i usually only use a cart if someone else is paying, and wants to ride with me...

🔥 Latest posts