• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

how do you guys finish off a good round, help!!!

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
When all else fails, this can help.

If possible, start playing twenty holes or so instead of eighteen. Seriously, this works pretty well when you get accustomed to twenty hole rounds. The tightening up, if it comes at all, comes later.

I am getting some of those "I just cannot do it" vibrations in some of the posts. Thousands upon thousands of people get beyond this problem, and I know you can do it to. Do not listen to any little voices telling you anything unless it is positive. We decide what is real from which is an illusion----Moody Blues.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

Actually, there is no dark side of the moon. As a matter of fact, its all dark. PF

OP
kwcsports

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Just got back from my course and it was SOAKED!! I found out my exact carry with every club today, 0 roll. Shot 86 and played ok. I never looked at the scorecard and never asked my score all day. I will continue to work on preshot routine and staying in the present. I know I can do it and I will break through soon. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If possible, start playing twenty holes or so instead of eighteen. Seriously, this works pretty well when you get accustomed to twenty hole rounds. The tightening up, if it comes at all, comes later.

I am getting some of those "I just cannot do it" vibrations in some of the posts. Thousands upon thousands of people get beyond this problem, and I know you can do it to. Do not listen to any little voices telling you anything unless it is positive. We decide what is real from which is an illusion----Moody Blues.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

Actually, there is no dark side of the moon. As a matter of fact, its all dark. PF

This is a tremendous idea, and speaks to the conscious mind's incredible greed.

You (on the 17th tee): "All I have to do is shoot par-par and I'll break 80.

Your brain: "I'm used to shooting 85, and you can be damned sure I'm going to do whatever it takes to reach that number."

You need to reprogram.

You need to not worry about your score.

You need to play several rounds where you are playing alone, and play two, or three balls, so that you have no earthly idea what your score is.

You need to play match play, where you really don't keep score.

"LIFE IS A CARNIVAL..." - The Band

Members online