• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Hot D'ya like it ?!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Friday and Saturday where perfect here, I played at 6.58 am on Saturday and it was 18* when we tee'd off not any breeze, the course looked immaculate, I don't think I have ever played in better conditions.

Though it averages around 18-20 c here in the sumer with the odd day of 24* or so.

Kilted, that's a great photo, how much did your apartment cost it seems to be located in a excellent place. You seem to be living the good life now.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
The Master:

How about swopping irons for a while with a view to exchanging them for good ? Its just that I mind you saying you didn't like feel of 6.5 Rifles & thought they might be too stiff. Well mine are Rifle Flighted 6.0's - could well make the difference you're looking for !

What sort of nick are you irons in ? Would you be up for a swop, even if it is for a short time...?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hiya KA!!!

We had a lightning situation the other day where the sirens went off and we had to go inside. Everybody started telling 'lightning stories'.

1) A guy told me that lightning hit his house so hard that the nails flew out of the wall...

2) I knew a guy at work once who was on the phone during a thunderstorm and woke up in the hospital. Blew through phone and smacked him in the head.

3) There was another fellow who got hit and had no hair on his body for three months...

How are ya liking it there mate??

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
As much as I would love to visit, or even live in the States, I can't help feeling blessed that we over here don't have to worry about things like lightning storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, mosquitos, aligators/crocodiles, snakes & flies (bugs ;)), etc. . . :)
:ukflag:

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Andy_79 said:
The Master:

How about swopping irons for a while with a view to exchanging them for good ? Its just that I mind you saying you didn't like feel of 6.5 Rifles & thought they might be too stiff. Well mine are Rifle Flighted 6.0's - could well make the difference you're looking for !

What sort of nick are you irons in ? Would you be up for a swop, even if it is for a short time...?

I re-shafted the irons on Saturday with 6.0's didn't cost me anything for brand new shafts, the proshop had a set lying around for agesand no one wanted them so I gave him my 6.5's and he put the 6.0's in for me haven't hit them yet will be collecting them tommorow.

What irons are you playing? Mind are in nice condition probably 8.5 out of 10 might be interested in swapping for a while.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Mine are same as yours - Taylor Made 300 Series. They are 6.0 Rifle Flighted. Are yours the same, or are they standard Rifles ?

Mine are in pretty good nick - have had them for 2 and a bit years, I think.

Am wanting to change the shafts to a 6.3 Rifle with 1/4 inch added to the shaft. Think that is what I'll do. Haven't really come across a head that is better / appears nicer, bar the Mizuno MP60 which I now need to sell to someone.*

* You don't happen to know anyone that might be after a set of *As New* MP60's, do you ?!

Cheers,
Andy.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Do you reck on that they (your shop) might be interested in swopping my 6.0's for those 6.5's of yours ? Are they in good nick ? Are they the Standard Rifles, as opposed to Rifle Flighted ?

Can you ask them if they could swop ?>

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Andy_79 said:
Do you reck on that they (your shop) might be interested in swopping my 6.0's for those 6.5's of yours ? Are they in good nick ? Are they the Standard Rifles, as opposed to Rifle Flighted ?

Can you ask them if they could swop ?>

Yea I could ask don't see why it would be a problem, they are in good nick. Think they are standard rifles.

Though I thought I saw a set of demo mp60's in a local shop. I could see if they are for sell and how much.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I moved from close to where RBB lives to about 2 hours north. So it is usually about 5 degrees cooler now. Although I finally regripped to corded grips mainly to battle the humidity in the summer, as just wet weather gloves did not solve the problem.

Having lived in KS and Arizona for a number of years, it is more comfortable in those areas when it is 110 then it is here at 95 and humid.

This time of the year I usually use 2 gloves a round and switch every 3 holes and let the other air dry.

Although today was truly enjoyable at 70 and overcast.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Andy_79 said:
As much as I would love to visit, or even live in the States, I can't help feeling blessed that we over here don't have to worry about things like lightning storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, mosquitos, aligators/crocodiles, snakes & flies (bugs ;)), etc. . . :)
:ukflag:

We've got it all where I live except the earthquakes. You forgot the tornados though....devils really with winds up to 400 kph. (not joking the wind can get that fast. If your home is hit directly by one of these it will just about vaporize).

But we have suntans.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
It was 37C here yesterday and it's suppose be a little hotter by midweek. We're suppose to set a couple records this week. We'll go from around 32C to 39C from now until the end of September.

I'd rather play when it's hot than cold and I don't mind walking unless it really humid. Thankfully it stays dry here most of the time.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
According to my calculations, it was only 31*C (88*F) here yesterday in Georgia/South Carolina when I played at Hickory Knob. Beautiful golf weather, but the course was almost empty. WTF?

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I'm in Houston right now. It's hot -upper 90's-, and humid. Gonna be in the mountains around Fayetteville tomorrow. It's cooler & less humid there, but it's in Arkansas so I guess things even out.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This past week has been beautiful. I've been sleeping with the windows open...ahhhhhh.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.