• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Hot D'ya like it ?!

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
98 today and will stay that way (98-102) till sometime in early/mid September. Drink lots of water, have spare gloves, etc....

P_102

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
pball5156 said:
Played in 42.3* weather today, 108* for us Americans.

There is no WAY I could even walk outside in that, never mind play golf in it !! It was 22 or 23 degrees here today with a warm wind (we never get a "warm" wind !!!)

Anyhoo, today was warm enough - I was perspiring and everything ! Huge Ametuer Event on at my club this week. All those Canadians & Americans playing just don't know how lucky they are with it being so nice as it is - it could easily be blowing so hard they can hardly stand ! :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Try this one on for size....
Forecast.JPG

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Partly cloudy with a high of 43*.Thats just Plain nasty, it got to 26* here in dumfries and the golf course was empty.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Up here, it got up to 31*, which is almost 90*... Roasting for June over here... As a matter of fact, roasting for Scotland full stop... I carried my clubs for 27 holes in it... It is seriously tiring. You should try it some time!

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Scotty01292 said:
Up here, it got up to 31*, which is almost 90*... Roasting for June over here... As a matter of fact, roasting for Scotland full stop... I carried my clubs for 27 holes in it... It is seriously tiring. You should try it some time!

What did you score. I am used to playing in the cold and the rain so the dried out fairways are helping my scores drop.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Adam... I wasn't keeping score, because I was just practising (playing 2 or 3 balls etc.) but I still played quite well...

The water tank at my golf club burst, so the course hadn't had any water on it for 2 weeks. It only got fixed a few days ago. It hasn't been raining either!

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Yeah, our course has seriously burnt up. Proper Links conditions, although they have thankfully been watering the greens at night time all week.

Bravo: That is just plain madness. I watched a programme on Death Valley once. They stated that you weren't allowed to begin driving across it unless you had a certain amount of gallons / litres of water present in your vehicle. Anyone any idea of what amount that is, and what length of a journey it is to pass across it...?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Andy_79 said:
Yeah, our course has seriously burnt up. Proper Links conditions, although they have thankfully been watering the greens at night time all week.

Bravo: That is just plain madness. I watched a programme on Death Valley once. They stated that you weren't allowed to begin driving across it unless you had a certain amount of gallons / litres of water present in your vehicle. Anyone any idea of what amount that is, and what length of a journey it is to pass across it...?

I don't know how far of a drive, but I have spoken with people who have done it. As you can imagine, they all say that it is completely desolate, with no human signs of life for miles and very few animals of any sort.

And they all talk about the signs that tell you that you are entering Death Valley and there will be no supplies of any sort for the next X miles/km so make certain you are ready...Most of the people I have spoken with advise to drive it at night or very early morning..

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
I played in Florida last week where the temp was 29-30C. In 2 weeks, I'll be in Myrtle Beach. In the summer, the temp is usually 30-32C.

That's why they invented Gatorade!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online