• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How important is your golf bag?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Everything is in it I need.

I think this sums up exactly why my golf bag is so important. It holds/carries everything I need for the round. Those needs change with each round. So for me versatility is key. My Ogio Grom is getting up there, almost 10 years old now, maybe a little more?!? It still looks good and does it’s job fantastically. Keeps my clubs nice and organized, is easily carried, when light enough. It pairs with my sun mountain push cart great and can fit into a power cart just as well. It’s been a really great bag, don’t see myself replacing it until it falls apart!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
7ed2f034fd054e9f0919a233d029423e.jpg

You have covers on all of your irons? Isn't that a pain in the butt?

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
You have covers on all of your irons? Isn't that a pain in the butt?
Actually no. I don't like the sound of bag chatter and I preserve the look of my clubs a lot longer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good list! One caught my eye. "Seventeen pencils, usually only half of which can write or have lead." Isn't that redundant? If they don't have lead they won't write? Duh!!

I keep finding these "new style" tees laying around on the course. Keep picking them up, but can't understand how they work. They go in the ground real easy. Just haven't figured out how to balance a golf ball on one. Getting quite a few in the bag. Could someone tell me how to use these tees??
1701.jpg

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

What a funny list and really not surprising to find these items in the bags of many weekend warriors. Like already mentioned, I too actually carry very few of these, but there are a couple items in my golf bag that didn’t make the list. My epi-pen is likely the most important thing I pack for every round along with some Benadryl and extra strength Tylenol. Being allergic to wasps and hornets requires necessary precautions. Being married to a nurse, she makes sure a tiny first-aid kit travels with me as well... it’s like she knows we’ll do something dumb and it has been needed, thankfully just for a blister!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I keep finding these "new style" tees laying around on the course. Keep picking them up, but can't understand how they work. They go in the ground real easy. Just haven't figured out how to balance a golf ball on one. Getting quite a few in the bag. Could someone tell me how to use these tees??
View attachment 32266
First, you lick the little string to get it wet. Then you slip the string around the ball to hold it. If you don't lick the string thoroughly, it won't soften up enough to go around the ball.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Another morning of cleanup and the kids sorta helping, ended up finding this golf bag essential, immediately putting it in the rightful location... Now, if I could work out some sort of sponsorship deal...

Attachments

• DD4F20C4-C7A6-419D-AE36-5870C412C43A.jpeg
    DD4F20C4-C7A6-419D-AE36-5870C412C43A.jpeg
    534.2 KB · Views: 125

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Bags are VERY important! I picked up another new Titleist bag this year. Thinking of getting a Mizuno bag though, since I'm gaming the MP29s again.... Just sold a Titleist cart bag I wasn't going to use, instead of "hoe-ing it" like all you guys do.
20210414_105801.jpg
20210414_105838.jpg

🔥 Latest posts