• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How is my footwork?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I have hit a lot of balls this week and my left foot is killing me. At the finish of my swing my left foot rolls over and I end up standing on the side of it. So I decided to film my footwork and see what I'm doing. Do you guys think that I'm transferring too much weight to my left side?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Well it looks like you have your weight over and then outside your left foot probably. Its not a lot, but I would suggest a stiffer shaft as there is a lot of action, like maybe too much - and you are pulling weight through the shot to keep the club under control and down the line where a different dynamic is possible and perhaps desirable from a stiffer shaft. But thats a lot for a short vid isnt it?

If you dont do that can you snap the livin bejeezus out of it?

Last edited:
OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
The shaft isn't really bending like that. It's an illusion created by the camera. I hit a 3/4 wedge.

My concern is my left foot rolling over. It hurts like hell from repeatedly doing that. I guess I'm posting up on my left leg with almost all of my weight after I hit the ball.

Maybe I should try to keep my left foot flatter on the ground?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Your left knee drives way too hard. During your downswing, your lower leg is angled way back towards the ball and your foot has no choice but to roll over. Stop it at 0:08-0:09 and you'll see what I mean.

It's not your feet, it's your legs.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
1397298102318.jpg

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Lol, no way the shaft is really flexing like that. It looks like a noodle. It's the camera, bro. It's called rolling shutter effect. Google it.

TEA, I have no idea how to fix the problem you're talking about. Maybe I should listen to Lark and quit being a *****....or lay off on hitting very many balls.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
TEA, I have no idea how to fix the problem you're talking about. Maybe I should listen to Lark and quit being a *****....or lay off on hitting very many balls.
No. If it hurts to hit balls, then you're either too old or doing it wrong.

Maybe just widen your stance? If you get more of an "anchored" stance, your body won't even be able to bow your knee out like that.

And Tricky's solution is always "shaft shaft shaft!" I'm starting to think his shaft infatuation doesn't stop at golf clubs...

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
No. If it hurts to hit balls, then you're either too old or doing it wrong.

Maybe just widen your stance? If you get more of an "anchored" stance, your body won't even be able to bow your knee out like that.

And Tricky's solution is always "shaft shaft shaft!" I'm starting to think his shaft infatuation doesn't stop at golf clubs...
Quit worryin 'bout my shaft

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Lol, no way the shaft is really flexing like that. It looks like a noodle. It's the camera, bro. It's called rolling shutter effect. Google it.

Ok so you are committed to the shaft not bending like that because you read some shiznet on the inet and it exonerates your ideas. But you may not realize that the device you took the pictures with is so sophisticated that its auto functions are as superior as sport photographer cameras from even a few years ago. So now you are faced with a game of opposites, advanced tech cameras, and people who sell stuff telling you the majority of players play clubs that are too stiff. And a high speed digital camera has faked the power and angles of your swing.

What if the people who have bad swings need softer shafts and your swing is not like theirs? What if your phone/camera is a more special device than you are aware of due to the incredible sums invested into its advancement and market share?

Whatever they are selling....opposite.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts