• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How long do you play a ball, and

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
what do you do with it? Hit it into the woods or water on purpose? Take it to the range and pound it out there with the range balls? Owners of good ranges with matched balls usually don't like you to do that, do they?

Yesterday I played 27 holes with the same ball! Never done that before. It was a Dunlop 65 Moebius. Started out brand new and now looks a little worse for wear, but still playable.

Maybe it a magic unlosable ball and I should keep playing it?

And WTF am I going to do with the 300 balls in my closet?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
When I manage to play one that long without losing it, I put in my shag bag to use with my practice net.

It hasn't been a problem lately. :)

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
It can be dependent some on how hard you hit the ball.

I'm not the hardest swinger, and recently I've had a Maxfli Blackmax which has gone 54 holes with me. It's got a bit of scuffing, but it's still good enough to get more holes out of.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I've got a Pro-V1x with at least 54 holes on it. It's got a cart path mark on the side and the paint is worn off on the other side.

Played all day long with it Saturday and put it back in the bag.

I'll play with that dude until he finds the deep woods or deep water....

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
As soon as there is a mark or scratch on it I take it out of play.
If it is just marked it goed to the shag bag. If it is scuffed I give it to the local school for the kids to use.
Of course I get them free so it is easier to be picky. :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
2 Balls for 18 holes, generally. I don't lose many too often.

Whenever I am done with it, it is still usually in decent condition so I just leave it in a fairway for someone who wouldn't mind a slightly used Black or Platinum(or Callaway Warbird on occasion).

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
2 Balls for 18 holes, generally. I don't lose many too often.

Whenever I am done with it, it is still usually in decent condition so I just leave it in a fairway for someone who wouldn't mind a slightly used Black or Platinum(or Callaway Warbird on occasion).

Send them too me buddy.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Send them too me buddy.

You just want me for my used balls.

Actually I'll conserve the ones I don't want to play anymore into batches of 20 and start selling them in the classifieds for 3 to 5 bucks, wouldn't hurt.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I play it, scuffed or not, until I lose it.

But, if the scuff is on the logo, it's done and I give it to my dog. I use the logo to line up my tee shots, and I can't stand looking at a scuffed logo.

I also won't play balls with marker on them. I hate balls with custom logos too. But that's more a personal thing than a longevity question I suppose. My bad. ;)

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006

R35

So that's like 6 balls a season.
icon10.gif

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States

But, if the scuff is on the logo, it's done and I give it to my dog. I use the logo to line up my tee shots, and I can't stand looking at a scuffed logo.

I also won't play balls with marker on them. I hate balls with custom logos too. But that's more a personal thing than a longevity question I suppose. My bad. ;)

R35

That cracks me up because I have the same distaste for lame logos. I have no reason for this outside of having a case of OCD - but it can be a sparkling white ProV1x but if it says something like "Bill's Painting - We've got you covered" I instantly label it "inferior". How sad is that.

It can be scuffed yet free of logos and I will play it until it is lost. Maybe I should see someone? :confused:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
That cracks me up because I have the same distaste for lame logos. I have no reason for this outside of having a case of OCD - but it can be a sparkling white ProV1x but if it says something like "Bill's Painting - We've got you covered" I instantly label it "inferior". How sad is that.

It can be scuffed yet free of logos and I will play it until it is lost. Maybe I should see someone? :confused:

same here...

even my mark is barely visible on the ball

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So that's like 6 balls a season.
icon10.gif

Not this season. Oi.

Last year and the year before that, I coulda played a dozen, easy.

This year, i'll be happy to get through Texas with a dozen. Sucks, because the vast majority of my lost balls this year were good swings, just poor results.

Except that wedge on the par 3. Ouch. :(

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.