• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many degrees can a Ping iron be bent?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Can a Ping Iron be bent 3*? I read Ping wll do it for free if you send it to them but I'm looking to see how much they can bend them upright. Fouund a good on the bay but they are too flat for me.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
All depends which model of Ping. Most of the early Eye 2's, Ping is reluctant to bend due to the age of the metal. Any of the more modern models, I3 and newer can be bent about as much as you want to. 3 degrees isn't all that much.

Get on Ping's website and send them an e-mail with the model and, if possible, the serial number. They will let you know, immediately, if they will bend the irons or not.

If they were mine, I'd never allow anyone other than Ping to bend an Ping iron. There are some extremely professional club builders out there. Yet, I've seen too many clubs ruined by those professing to be club builders... and are not. Ping will bend the clubs, re-dot the color codes and record the changes under the data for that serial numbered set of clubs.

p.s. Tell us what clubs you are looking at!!! We are sitting here in anticipation of knowing what model you're looking at.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Most of what I have heard with any Cast Iron is that Bending them 2* is as far as many will do. Some will not even try to go that far.

The guy I had bend my wedges said that they would go to a certain point and then on the second consecutive bend attempt it was questionable whether it would break, so he would ease off. Kind of a feel issue. This was on a Ping Tour Wedge (Black Nickel) that said it could be bent +/- 2* based on their spec on their website.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Try a small tree. maybe 3" to 5". I once bent a 2 iron well past 90 degrees.

OP
West Coast Duffer

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
All depends which model of Ping. Most of the early Eye 2's, Ping is reluctant to bend due to the age of the metal. Any of the more modern models, I3 and newer can be bent about as much as you want to. 3 degrees isn't all that much.

Get on Ping's website and send them an e-mail with the model and, if possible, the serial number. They will let you know, immediately, if they will bend the irons or not.

If they were mine, I'd never allow anyone other than Ping to bend an Ping iron. There are some extremely professional club builders out there. Yet, I've seen too many clubs ruined by those professing to be club builders... and are not. Ping will bend the clubs, re-dot the color codes and record the changes under the data for that serial numbered set of clubs.

p.s. Tell us what clubs you are looking at!!! We are sitting here in anticipation of knowing what model you're looking at.

Im looking for some S57's in a Yellow or Green dot with PX shafts. I think this might be a hard combination to find so if i can find something close I can have them bent.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Im looking for some S57's in a Yellow or Green dot with PX shafts. I think this might be a hard combination to find so if i can find something close I can have them bent.

Shouldn't be any problem at all having S57's bent 3 degrees. However, I'd still have Ping do it... if they were mine.

(I'm envious!!!! The S57's are one of the sexiest irons Ping has manufactured in a long time!!!)

RJTee

Dec 5, 2007
Can a Ping Iron be bent 3*? I read Ping wll do it for free if you send it to them but I'm looking to see how much they can bend them upright. Fouund a good on the bay but they are too flat for me.

I have a set of i5's being adjusted by Ping at this moment, and the quote was $18 for the set on a loft and lie adjustment. If you need them lengthened or shortened it is $8.50 per club; a new grip is included and a loft/lie adjustment is also included at no additional cost.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I have a set of i5's being adjusted by Ping at this moment, and the quote was $18 for the set on a loft and lie adjustment. If you need them lengthened or shortened it is $8.50 per club; a new grip is included and a loft/lie adjustment is also included at no additional cost.

$18 to get your entire set of i5's lie adjusted? Thats a deal. I may have to call and see if I can get the same deal for my Eye 2+ set. They are black dot and I have since be fitted to blue dot i10's and would like to have the Eye 2+'s match.

PINGELI

Sep 7, 2007
Shouldn't be any problem at all having S57's bent 3 degrees. However, I'd still have Ping do it... if they were mine.

(I'm envious!!!! The S57's are one of the sexiest irons Ping has manufactured in a long time!!!)

I still think the original S59 and ISI are the nicest looking PING irons ever. You are 1000% right about sending them to PING. PING will redot the clubs and record serial number changes (furthermore if the clubs are altered by someone else and then later sent to PING, I don't believe PINg will do work then). All PING irons since the original i3's (with the notch in the hosel) can be bent about 4 degrees either way.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.