• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ....
and another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

3 to tell a funny story about their beagle and a light bulb

1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

1 to post that this has already been posted before...

:D

C

collegegolfer

Funny. Anyone watch Family Guy? "How many apes does it take to change a light bulb? 3, one to change it and two to throw feces at each other!"

It's funnier if you watch the episode...he's suspended in a net with a bunch of apes with guns surrounding him. I LOVE that show.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
collegegolfer said:
Funny. Anyone watch Family Guy? "How many apes does it take to change a light bulb? 3, one to change it and two to throw feces at each other!"

It's funnier if you watch the episode...he's suspended in a net with a bunch of apes with guns surrounding him. I LOVE that show.

Best show ever.

American Dad starts soon too. Hopefully it's good.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Dang...this only got 4 posts...of course what was the member base at this point? 7? :D

Anyway, how many irishman does it take to change a lightbulb?

3; one to hold the bulb, one to hold the ladder, and one to drink until the room spins.

awww.enchantedlearning.com_lgifs_Lightbulb_bw.GIF

p.s. No new posts...so i started searching...:)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
2 to argue whether changing light bulbs for money constitutes grounds for losing your amateur status.

:D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Good one Sling. How do you think I've gotten my post count up there? I do all those things on a regular basis. Except for the feces throwing. I draw the line at feces throwing...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Good one Sling. How do you think I've gotten my post count up there? I do all those things on a regular basis. Except for the feces throwing. I draw the line at feces throwing...

I think if you had enough to drink and watched some really bad karaoke you might change your stance on that one.

Or possibly substitute some of sssmokin's pics for the bad karaoke. :laugh:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Let's see...
One to argue whether or not the light bulb base should be cast or forged. Invariably, the louder argument will come from the one who claims he can much better feel the bulb threads fitting into the socket with a forged base.

One to argue whether or not he should, or should not, go purchase bulb covers. After all, bulbs are prone to damage when uncovered. Others will argue that the cracks and shatters in the bulb surface are 'marks of experience' and that no bulb installer should ever use bulb covers.

One to argue that a specific manufacturer of bulbs is far better than another, simply because "professional bulb installers" use that brand.

One to argue that they can get more light out of a 20 watt bulb than others can get out of a 150 watt bulb... because of a prototype lamp base marketed only on the "Bulb-installers United Tour Tournaments" (BUTT for short!).

And, one... just to argue...

Let's see... is that five or so????

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005

I dunno...you've thrown a pretty big pile of BS around.:D

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I dunno...you've thrown a pretty big pile of BS around.:D

Only because he's never thrown any. :prop:

And don't we have any members who are going to change the weights on the light bulb, or replace the socket thing, or maybe the angle at which the bulb goes into the socket? Heaven forbid anyone should use off-the-shelf lightbulbs!

🔥 Latest posts