• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many of you have a sky caddie and what do you think of it??

Tee 1 Up

Jul 24, 2007
My B-day is just around the corner and was thinking of getting the sg3 sky caddie. Do any of you have one of these and if so what do you think of it. I don't know if this is one of those things I will get and not use, or one I will get it and not be able to play without. So what is your opinion ??

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
I don't have one. I've used carts at several courses that had GPS along with a detailed course map. Personally, I find it just as easy to use the on course markers. I think a lot would depend on how accurate you are with club distances. :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I play in a regular group of about 7-9 players.

Five of them have SkyCaddies. As a result, I've seen enough of the unit to love it. It is extremely accurate in terms of giving you distance to the center of the green.

I'm going to buy one soon...

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I've got one & love it. A quick glance & I know the distance to front and back of greens.

DVS

Aug 15, 2007
I have used them. They are very accurate....problem is, I am not! lol

So unless you have mastered your distance control, I am not sure if its really of any real value. I've scored just as well on rounds where I had one as when I didn't. Like someone else mentioned, you can get away with the markers on the course.

But it is a sweet little device to have if you are a techno geek :)

Do they allow it in tournaments? I heard the PGA was going to make it legal. Is that true?

-DVS

skywalker7

Aug 18, 2007
Sky Caddie

My B-day is just around the corner and was thinking of getting the sg3 sky caddie. Do any of you have one of these and if so what do you think of it. I don't know if this is one of those things I will get and not use, or one I will get it and not be able to play without. So what is your opinion ??

I don't have one yet, but my golf teacher does, and she loves it. Reminds me of the GPS my wife and I have when we travel by car: we feel lost without it, and I'm sure those with the Sky Caddie feel the same way. I'm a beginner, but as I get more experienced I may buy one too.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I have used one several times, but still like the idea of trusting my eye to get a feel for the distance. I find more often than not, that I hit better shots when I try and feel the distance rather than knowing an exact number as I get a little too technical and try to measure the swing to the distance which results in overthinking the shot.

🔥 Latest posts