• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many rounds per month?

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
1 = 18 hole round
.5 = 9 hole round

Just curious really. It seems I've become addicted to the game in my less than 2 months of play. I'm dreading winter here in Chicago because I got a late start on golf in my life and won't be able to play for 6 months. I feel like playing at least 9 everyday, but know I shouldn't. How much do you guys play? Show me so I don't feel as sick about myself. :D

I try to play 1 18 and a 9 hole per week, though 2 weeks ago I played 4 days in row, 3 rounds total (9, 9, 18, 2 9s on one day). It was damn hot too.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Depends on how darn hot it is here. Normally 18 holes on Sunday. When the temp is below 95F and it's still daylight until 8PM or so, then 9 holes after work on Tues & Thurs. Wintertime it gets dark too early. :(

Practice at range 4-5 times a week, except during the winter when they close at dark. :( Which is why my handicp goes up 4-5 strokes every winter.

DVS

Aug 15, 2007
if you have the time and the disposal funds to go everyday....good on ya! Do it man, i Know I would! Nothing to be sick about. :)

Living in Canada, we only get to enjoy a few months of good golfing weather in summer. the couple of months before and after are done in hardship. lol

But during those prime months, I can only get out maybe once a week. If I could, I'd love to go every second or third day.

18 on the weekend, and a couple of 9s during the work week is very satisfactory for me. (replace the 9's with range sessions)

Now, good thing you didn't mention how much time one spends on golf in between round on golf stuff: like Golf Channel, books, DVDs, Tiger Woods 07 on the XBOX, living room chipping etc. lol

I think my wife is pretty sick of anything golf...although see does like mini putt.

-DVS

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
12 -14 rounds a month. When ever I have free time. I golf when its hot or cold. Have made every month in year here in Wisconsin except, February. It's not because of the cold in Feb. its the snow depth.

During week 4 to 6 9 holes at my home 9 hole course.And wknd 1-2 full rounds at 18 hole courses elsewhere.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
I play 6-8 rounds a month down from 12-16 last year. Now that I'm fully retired I just can't seem to find the time to play more.

OP
T

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
if you have the time and the disposal funds to go everyday....good on ya! Do it man, i Know I would! Nothing to be sick about. :)

Funny you mention the funds, I picked up golfing right when I told myself I have to keep to my budget a bit more. :D Bad move hehe.

Now, good thing you didn't mention how much time one spends on golf in between round on golf stuff: like Golf Channel, books, DVDs, Tiger Woods 07 on the XBOX, living room chipping etc. lol

I used to love playing golf games growing up (and still now), and watched golf only with my dad on a lazy saturday or sunday. Hated it on SportsCenter, ESPN, etc., now I love watching the Golf Channel and any tournament! And I've practiced chipping in my living room and watching the ball marks on my bathroom door. I feel like such a hypocrite. :D

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Summer about 8 per month and winter 4-5 at best.

I'd love to play more but the weather over here (UK) this summer (or excuse for one) has been dismal so evening rounds arent as often as I'd like. Plus wretched work gets in the way.

However I am off work for a few days and will play most days :)

Then back to reality :real angry:

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
1 = 18 hole round
.5 = 9 hole round

Just curious really. It seems I've become addicted to the game in my less than 2 months of play. I'm dreading winter here in Chicago because I got a late start on golf in my life and won't be able to play for 6 months. I feel like playing at least 9 everyday, but know I shouldn't. How much do you guys play? Show me so I don't feel as sick about myself. :D

I try to play 1 18 and a 9 hole per week, though 2 weeks ago I played 4 days in row, 3 rounds total (9, 9, 18, 2 9s on one day). It was damn hot too.

6-8 rounds a month. The vast majority of them are 9 hole rounds because of the heat. Little if any range time for me - it's cheaper to play nine holes than it is to hit a bucket of balls.

I fully intend to play in the winter. Two gloves, an extra layer of clothing, and in case of snow, an orange ball. :laugh:

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
about 10 rounds a month...4 of those every month are not our home course...great rates around here this time of year...

Members online

No members online now.