• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many rounds per month?

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I'm playing 3 times a week, minimum. This week I've played twice so far, and I will definitely be playing Friday thru Sunday in my club championship. I will play as much as I possibly can between now and the close of the official season, because then my part time job at the course also ends, and my cheap golf ends with it. Paying full price, I'm going to have to temper my addiction over the winter until they need me back as a starter. I'm the low man on the totem pole, so even if they need the help this winter, I get called last, and the employee discounts only apply if I'm working. The good news is that the pro will sometimes comp me in the winter because he knows I'll be back to work next spring. :)

paddy10189

Sep 14, 2006
I worked from 8-12 at a golf course this summer so you can probably figure out what I was doing from about 12-2 everyday.

Probably around 3 rounds a week and then a different course every sunday to mix it up.

OP
T

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
Hmm... maybe the clouds can hold off until after 7 tonight so I can get in on my local par 30.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I play 18 every other weekend & then play 9 holes at several different courses 2-3 times per week. So that's at least 126 holes per month or 7 full rds. I also hit the range at least once & sometimes 2-3 times a week.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I think I may cry...

Try to get 3 rounds in a month but its usually more like 1 and possibly 2 if i'm lucky.

Would kill to be able to get back playing every week :hunter:

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
It's usually easier for me to tell people when I haven't played. I easily average 5 times a week and will hit stretches where I might play 15 or 16 days in a row. I have a job that let's me be on the course around 3:30 every weekday afternoon and then I usually play at least once on the weekend. I easily have played 250+ times in the last year. I just pulled up my handicap scores on the CGA website and I posted 15 scores in July. I probably practiced on the course or played 9 or so holes another 5 or 6 times.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
3 x 18 hole rounds and 2 x 9 hole rounds per week minimum on the average. Give or take with leagues and Skins matches.

... and I am still just stretching to get below a 20 even though I have not had to struggle as much this year.

I guess maybe I should count my beers and not the holes. :D

edit 1 - I do think I sold my Ping i3+'s tonight during a skins match tonight, without much work.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
8 to 12 I suppose. I've not been playing as much as last year since that good cheap course I could get on anytime is being torn up. It's tougher to get on and more expensive now. I spend more time at the range this year.

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
4 rounds a week = 16 rounds a month. I'm semi-retired, I can play whenever I want.:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online