• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many wins for Phil in '08?

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Phil M. has been a pro since 1992 U.S Open.I think he hasn't yet reached his prime.I believe he will be a serious contender for multiple wins next year. My pick is 6 wins,1 major,(don't know which one),total of seven.Your number of wins is....?Oh ya...total wins EXCLUDING T.W.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
1 win at best. It'll be early, he'll get happy and his game will go down hill.

OP
X

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
Does anyone else but me like Phil?:(I think his win in Europe has kick started what will be one of his best years.His girls are getting older and will soon want to hang with dad instead of mom as much.That is what daughters do,been there done that:laugh:.He is too smart and too rich to let spending quality time with them pass by. He knows his schedule time is going to get shorter and he is going to put it into high gear! I HOPE

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I like Phil, I just don't think he has the mental game to win as often as his talent is capable of. If he wins 2 I'll be surprised, any major will be a shock.

todmun

May 22, 2006
Dont really like him. Never really did. Then I heard too many of the same "rumors" if you will, from different people. Some came directly from a worker at the golf channel. He obviously has talent otherwise he wouldnt be on tour. One of the things I heard is that he is one of the most hated players on tour, and by that I mean by the other tour players.

OP
X

xmasgolf

Dec 17, 2007
I hope he is hated by lots of fellow pros.Have you ever played against someone you dislike never mind hate? Everyone has.You try to beat them so bad you get out of sinc in your own goal to play the course not the competition.:)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I love watching Phil, he plays the same style of golf as myself, Death or glory!!!! I'm going for 4 wins with The Masters being one of them! (But he will get his arsed kicked as usual at the Ryder cup) :laugh:

todmun

May 22, 2006
I hope he is hated by lots of fellow pros.Have you ever played against someone you dislike never mind hate? Everyone has.You try to beat them so bad you get out of sinc in your own goal to play the course not the competition.:)

That is sO true!

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I believe PHAIL will have 2 wins. One early, as previously mentioned, and a garbage one late that no one else plays in.

🔥 Latest posts