• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Much Do You Spend On...?

How Much Do you Spend On Extra Golf Related Products Each Year?

• less than $20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • $20 - $100

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • $100 - $200

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • $200 - $300

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • $300 - $500

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • more than $1000

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Ok, so how much do you spend on extra golf products every year? Now I don't mean balls and tees and clubs, I mean how much do you spend on items that you really don't need but want anyway.

Such as:
books
videos
training tools
novelty items

and so on...

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I spend nothing any more, I think I must have bought every piece of gimmicky crap about 10 years ago and I eventually learned my lesson. Anyway I still get Commando golf balls for Christmas and a golf shoe cleaning kit so why spend my money on tat when I can get it for free?

At one point about 80% of my birthday cards had golfers on them, its down to 25% ish now thanks to me not talking about the game with anyone else who doesnt play it, so I think everyone's a winner there.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
EnglishGolfer said:
Commando golf balls...

Ahh, happy memories...Warwicks, Dunlop 65s, Gratex

Nothing quite twanged like a poorly hit Commando (banana ball).

lwc

Mar 8, 2006
Country
United States United States
Virtually nothing . . . I don't even buy magazines.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Most of my extra's are of the book variety. Not instruction books, normally, just books about golf and its history or a biography/memoir of a player. Its getting harder to find a good golf book that is not about instruction.

Witmaster

Esprit de Corps
Jan 19, 2006
I don't spend too much money these days. I usually make an elaborte wish list and let others fulfill my desires ;)

And... I take advantage of every free-giveaway I come across.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
Are we talking about tees, balls, hats, towels, shoes and everything golf outside of greens fees? If that is the case I have already gone over 300 this year alone and will easily eclipse 1k. I am addicted to everythiing golf. I go through these fazes where I think I'm actuall sponsored by a company so I sport all their gear. Except I pay for it and I am not sponsored. Last year my faze was USGA. This year it is Callaway. So far I'm sporting the hat, the shirt and the towel. Next step is the bag and clubs. Oh yeah. I play the HX Tour ball. I'm a golf addict spinning out of control.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I would say a little over $100. I subscribe to golf magazine, and the rest is on books. Usually to give me something to read when I am on a plane, or in a hotel, plus I tend to get Bookstore gift certificates for presents, and I usually get audiobooks from the Library, so golf just seems like a natural thing to spend it on.

OP
Matthew_22

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Highdraw, I'm not talking about any necessary items like tees and balls or equipment, unless you didn't really need them. Like buying a set of personalised balls or novelty tees, or another pair of shoes etc.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Lately I've been whoreing out my software design and development for free stuff :D.... although to be honest it really isn't worth my time I don't think

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I never buy training aids. Do driving range passes count?

I did buy the Penick series, and the Wishon book. But nothing else catches my eye.

I get Golf Digest for free.

R35

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
VT I do the same thing

For green fees, and range tokens. Trade skills for fun time, they wouldn't have the work done if it cost them real money I wouldn't get to golf as much if it cost me real money.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
Matthew_22 said:
Highdraw, I'm not talking about any necessary items like tees and balls or equipment, unless you didn't really need them. Like buying a set of personalised balls or novelty tees, or another pair of shoes etc.

Then I probably spend about 500-700 dollars. I am one of those who subscribes to the theory of "look good, play good". I buy a lot of hats, shirts and accessories.

🔥 Latest posts