• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How much is a set of Launchers worth?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm referring to the Clevelands, of course. Ideally I'm looking for a 9.5* driver, a 13-15* 3 wood, and a 17-19* 4/5wood (lower end preferred); all in stiff shaft. Three questions:

1.) What is the difference between the COMP and the regular?

2.) I THINK the Launchers come with Fuji shafts stock; yay or nay on this as a fact?

3.) How much is it worth paying for a set? Word on the links is that they're pretty great weapons. Good for golfing too.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm referring to the Clevelands, of course. Ideally I'm looking for a 9.5* driver, a 13-15* 3 wood, and a 17-19* 4/5wood (lower end preferred); all in stiff shaft. Three questions:

1.) What is the difference between the COMP and the regular?

2.) I THINK the Launchers come with Fuji shafts stock; yay or nay on this as a fact?

3.) How much is it worth paying for a set? Word on the links is that they're pretty great weapons. Good for golfing too.

1.) The Comp is a composite head. There have been a few reviews of each over the months, maybe do a search. In my opinion, the comp is a more muted sound, but they play about the same in terms of distance (for drivers).

2). The stock Fuji Gold is decent for an OEM shaft, but the Launcher comes alive with something aftermarket. Think ProLaunch or NVS if you're a low ball hitter, or NV/Grafalloy Blue if you're a mid ball hitter.

3). The Launcher fairways (in steel or ti) are solid. You can find them for around 50-70 bucks each with a decent shaft. The drivers go for around $100 with an aftermarket shaft used, or about $139 new with the stock fuji gold.

My two cents.

R35

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
What do you think between the Launchers and the Taylormade V Steel?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm ungawdly biased, as I don't like TM.

But, I will say that the Launchers are solid fairways. I carry a Launcher 7 wood myself. :)

R35

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
its really a toss up between the launcher and vsteel. These are both 2 of the best fw woods out there period, even though these two are a few years old.

Hit them both and see which feels better, either one your guna win with.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had a Launcher Comp. Will throw this out. IF you plan on changing shafts in it get the Launcher 460 Ti and NOT the Comp. The comp head is a "composite" crown which if overheated during shaft pulling MELTS!! There is a warning sticker on the shaft to send it in to Cleveland for shaft changes. I had someone very carefully change shafts in mine (at my risk) but the solid Ti head is just as good and no worries if you ever want to change shafts. My 2 cents... :laugh:

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Very good to know. Dick's Sporting Goods is actually selling the launchers (comp and TI) for 99.99 fairway and 149.99 Driver. I ordered the 3 and 5 fairways in stiff for 199.98. Sports Authority wanted 249.99 for one of 'em. Punks.

Sorry about the big box sporting goods stores. There's no golf shop around here that I know of particularly.

Can't get 'em cheaper on ebay.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
sorry to say, but you overpayed... you could find them for cheaper on ebay if you wait a little for a good deal...

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Shipping was included in the 99.99, brand new. Definitely not disappointed with the price.

Members online