• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How much money does a caddy make (not pga)

Cobra guy

May 8, 2008
I was thinking about becoming a caddy next year for the local CC. I was wondering how much money they would pay for me, a 14 year old, new caddy. Thanks alot!

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
When I caddied the fee for a "B" caddy was $3.75 and most guys paid $5.00. After you carried for a certain number of rounds with no complaints, you became an "A" caddy and made the big money. The "A" caddy base fee was $5.00 and it not was unusual to make $7.00 or even $8.00. Some members would pop for soda and a hot dog at the turn. Most just a soda. We could play the course on Monday mornings.

I'm not positive, but fees may have gone up since then. When I caddied, we still had troops in Vietnam and Richard Nixon was president.

Kevin

OP
C

Cobra guy

May 8, 2008
Thats just whay you get payed as a fee. But if you do a good job you will get a tip.

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
What you can be paid depends entirely on the course and area. Exclusive places (you need a white uniform, etc.) can yield pretty good fees and impressive tips... but you earn the tips with good reads and advice. Establishing a "client" base is important because your tips will be higher. Your best bet is at higher dollar country clubs that have caddie masters and regular caddie programs. Otherwise, you might be better off doing yard work or something by the hour.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
At our club, a caddy carrying two bags for 18 holes gets $50, plus you expect to tip another $75. Don't know how much they have to share. Also, you may not get to caddy at first. A lot of kids start out on the driving range. But they still get to play on Mondays.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
I caddied here at Bay Hill for a few weeks, once I got accustomed to everything, I would take two bags and do two loops a day. Depending on tip, I would make between 300-500 a day. You will understand why people can make careers out of it at a nice club.

OP
C

Cobra guy

May 8, 2008
Thanks guys! And i will be working either at Innis Arden CC in Greenwich,CT or WeeBurn in Darien,CT because i have already been talking to them. I will most likely get a job at Inns Arden ecause my grandfather used to be a member there a while back and i get lessons there from the pro.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
My best friend out at Oakmont along with a few friends, flat fee for them if I remember correctly was $50 a bag and they all carried doubles. 2-3 loops in a day. Plus some people tipped upwards of $100. Most days they made around $450-550. Really good days were like $600. But that is at Oakmont, you will have to decrease the money for most other clubs.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks guys! And i will be working either at Innis Arden CC in Greenwich,CT or WeeBurn in Darien,CT because i have already been talking to them. I will most likely get a job at Inns Arden ecause my grandfather used to be a member there a while back and i get lessons there from the pro.

Then get ahold of the golf manual from Innis Arden--they'll have the caddies' fee schedule and suggested tips in there.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
a 14 year old kid just starting out carrying one bag would probably get around $45 for 18 at most clubs.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I caddied here at Bay Hill for a few weeks, once I got accustomed to everything, I would take two bags and do two loops a day. Depending on tip, I would make between 300-500 a day. You will understand why people can make careers out of it at a nice club.

Sounds pretty lucrative... there must be some drawbacks or everyone would be doing it tho???

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Probably because the income isn't stable, nor do you have a baseline where you could always assume you'd make X amount that week.

Plus alot of clubs don't have alot of buisness or any in the winter time.

Down here at the nice places, a caddy has to wear a uniform and can expect atleast $50-75 a bag, most carry two, plus tips.

Several places you can get a forcaddie, who just drives you around, gets your clubs, and tips you and they can get around $30ish I believe, plus tips.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Vt, the only main drawbacks are the list is long to get into these things. You have to know somebody, period. Also, like someone else said its really a 6 month job. In the summer down here, nobody plays.

nukelove

Feb 10, 2010
I started caddying last year as a b caddy and i was 14 . The summer of 09, i made about $11,000 for the summer and some of fall. I would make $900 a week and ended with 125 loops (18 and 9 holes combined) . another advantage is that my cc gives the most evans scholarships in the area.(16)

🔥 Latest posts