• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How much should I pay for Cameron?

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008
I'm looking at a Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 on eBay, my first Cameron! I know what I'm willing to spend, but what is a realistic amount? Used but looks to be in great condition, 35" and comes with head cover, original grip and pivot tool. Add $20 for insured shipping. Thanks!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
$0.00

;) Sorry, just had to say it!

Do a search on ebay for closed auctions of Newport 2's. That'll give you a good idea of what they are going for.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'd say median would probably be around 150.

Honestly I'd go with an older Pro Platinum, but thats just me.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Be careful with Studio Style's on E-Bay. There are a bunch of fakes being sold.:unhappy:

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
I would spend millions! I mean, think about it...she's real HOT! I would imagine if you spent a couple of million to get Cameron Diaz the return would be HUGE! I mean, look at the money sh...what, um, well, errrr I'm sorry, I didn't read this post properly. Please resume posting now:emot-ange. I'm really sorry!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Studio style is about the cheapest blade model they've made. I've seen them go for $80-$90. Don't get stuck paying $180 or some crap, hold out.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Studio style is about the cheapest blade model they've made. I've seen them go for $80-$90. Don't get stuck paying $180 or some crap, hold out.

Wrong... Studio design CAN be the cheapest. But with cameron its all relative. Some studio designs are worth alot more depending on the finish and model.

Studo Style's are the top of the line for OTR. Similar to the position of the Studio Select now..

No freakin way you will find any for under $120, and that is a conservative guess. Id look more at $150-$175.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I don't know about that. The studio style is pretty much the cheapest blade I've seen. I could have bought one at the shop for $80 off the used rack last year. I've seen them go for cheap on Ebay but lately the Camerons have been going for more. I'd opt for an original Newport 2 (like Tigers) and have it refinished.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Here is a nice little tool.....

http://tinyurl.com/g8h2x

Cameron is already in the search box, simply add to the Cameron a

+newport

+"studio style"

+"Oil can"

Or whatever you are interested in. It will pull up all the most recent auctions... some complete, some still active.

Then you buy them All!!!!!!!!!! :scotty: :scotty: :scotty:

Actually, this IS a good tool to guage the current market. How much for new, how much for used. How much for 9/10 condition 8/10, 7/10, rusted, beat up, etc.

OP
bluebledthesea

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008
Ok, so people are iffy on the Studio Style. What about a Pro
Platinum Newport Mid Slant?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I should have invested in Camerons last year. The Studio Design 2.5 I bought for $109 shipped and sold for $117 is going for like $170 now. Cripes.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Damn, I got an even better deal than I thought on my Circa 62 #2, I got it for $101.01 and they are averaging $170 it looks like, :beach3:

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Yeah... I did pretty well at $152, especially at a 8.5/10 condition, maybe a 9, with headcover, and a OJ Simpson two pronged little death tool as well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.