• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How the hell did I manage this?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Ok, haven't played since the beginning of last November except for a lousy little executive course last weekend. Had surgery so just trying to take it easy & not get too cute on the course. Played Coldwater Canyon today which isn't exactly a hard course measuring out at 5700 yds with a 113 slope rating & par is 69.

The best I have ever managed on this course in the past has been an 80, the front 9 is hilly & extremely wooded. Played 18 holes today & somehow managed to pull a 78 outta my butt. Had 40 on the front & 38 back for 9 over. Had 32 putts which i'm not happy about, on the front 9 I was having a heck of a time & for some reason was shaking while using the putter. Came around on the back & did much better with the flatstick.

For some reason my hybrids came alive today, was actually hitting my 3h really solid & had a couple shots that were 200-205 which for me is a lot.
Overall I felt really good about my game & for the most part all aspects were pretty solid. I did get 1 lucky assed shot. 10th tee runs along a road, I pulled the shot left & it hit the cart path, bounced into the road where it bounced off the rear quarter panle of a passing car & deflected back onto the course. The woman pulled over & she checked her car out for any damage...luckily there wasn't a scratch on it! I made par on the hole too.

Hit 7 of 12 fairways, had 6 GIR's & also measured every drive with the gps. Shortest one was 220 yds & the longest came in at 260, musta had a gust of wind help that one out:D

Cray

Jul 21, 2007
Congrats on a good round.

Some of the time when I am tired or not feeling well, I play my best.
Won a tournament several years ago after being up for 24 hours straight. Was
tired and very relaxed.

Not sure why, except maybe don't swing as hard and take a little more
time.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Lol at hitting a car and having it come back. That's a new one. Great job man. Perhaps you are swinging a little smoother? Glad to hear you were able to get out on a real course already. I might have to get me one of those Burner rescues yet. My stupid "TP" one does nothing but go 10yds. right and 10yds. left of where I try to hit it.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I tried a number of hybrids before giving the Burner rescues a shot, took me a little while to get the hang of them but know I love em. I know some folks say to hit down on them like an iron but I have found for myself if I sweep them like a fairway wood they work great. I don't get a real high trajectory though, these things will have the ball hovering 10' off the fairway but dead nuts straight.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I broke par the first time while drugged out on pain killers from the dentists office. It is always nice to have those good rounds that let you know that they are out there, but it can be infuriating as well when you can't repeat it. So good luck on making this new scoring stick.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yo WiGolfer,

Great hearing you are getting out etc. Nice round.
we need to get out later this summer. I got a couple subscriptions to MWGM.
Yep that means free rounds at THE BULL. See you there!!!!!!!!:beach3:

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Yo WiGolfer,

Great hearing you are getting out etc. Nice round.
we need to get out later this summer. I got a couple subscriptions to MWGM.
Yep that means free rounds at THE BULL. See you there!!!!!!!!:beach3:

I'm planning on getting a sub as well, some good courses again this year. We will definitely get out a few times this year. I checked out Trappers Turn today before I hit Chula Vista & the parking lot was maybe 1/3rd full. The Dells area is great right now because there is plenty of room on the courses unlike the Madison area courses right now. That will change the week before memorial day though.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I So good luck on making this new scoring stick.

Yea right!! Next time out will probably result in at least a 95. I think today was more luck than anything else, 9 pars & 9 bogeys....that won't happen again.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Nice round Wi-Golfer. Didn't take you long to get back at it. Post when you guys are thinking about The Bull. I'd be interested if you guys wouldn't mind.

Kevin

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Nice round Wi-Golfer. Didn't take you long to get back at it. Post when you guys are thinking about The Bull. I'd be interested if you guys wouldn't mind.

Kevin

You got it, the more the merrier. Would like to get George, Jerry, Jake & anyone else to join us as well.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
did get 1 lucky assed shot. 10th tee runs along a road, I pulled the shot left & it hit the cart path, bounced into the road where it bounced off the rear quarter panle of a passing car & deflected back onto the course. The woman pulled over & she checked her car out for any damage...luckily there wasn't a scratch on it! I made par on the hole too.

Hit 7 of 12 fairways, had 6 GIR's & also measured every drive with the gps. Shortest one was 220 yds & the longest came in at 260, musta had a gust of wind help that one out:D

Wi-Golfer

If you read this over a couple times WG you should realize that you had some "Devine" help this day. Just what I need. God helping another Shot Talker beat me.... geesh. :)

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
If you read this over a couple times WG you should realize that you had some "Devine" help this day. Just what I need. God helping another Shot Talker beat me.... geesh. :)

Hey, i'll take all the help I can get. Lord knows I need it:laugh:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Congrats Wi on your round.

Bob Rotella would probably admonish you for thinking anything else than you deserved it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.