• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to Anchor Like Matt Kuchar

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. The anchoring ban is now in effect, but that doesn't mean all forms of anchoring are obsolete.

Michael Breed, host of The Golf Fix, shows how you can effectively and legally anchor the long putter to your forearm. Breed's instuction includes the Matt Kuchar approach. (You can watch The Golf Fix on Mondays at 7PM ET on Golf Channel.)

Bernhard Langer, I'm anxiously awaiting your next putting method. I won't be surprised if it's the Kuchar forearm anchor, which I think you used (or something very similar) before Kuchar had whiskers.

Source: How to Anchor Like Matt Kuchar

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Just kinda curious of everyone's thoughts on the new, anchor less PGA Tour??

I've read that Tim Clark has been the most vocal about his opposition to the ban. Siting physical ailments for his use of an anchored putter. I think fellow Canadian, David Hern had the best outlook on the change and obviously Matt Kuchar was somewhat ahead of the curve with his chosen putting method. Having read this thread and watching the video on the link, I've been trying to putt like Kuch... It's surprisingly comfortable and keeping putts on line was very easy, could this basement experiment be taken on course, we will see!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've said it before but it concerned me that there was no phasing in period for golfers (who aren't professional or elite amateur). The exception for the groove rule expires for us in 2024. No such exception for anchored putting. My elderly father suffers from trembles in his right arm. Not being able to anchor effectively removes the option of competition / tournament golf. With a short putter he'd shake it like a water diviner. Well done golfing authorities ... not.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.